|Re: Publishing problems in WTP 3.2.x [message #554061 is a reply to message #553972]
||Fri, 20 August 2010 00:27
| Larry Isaacs
Registered: July 2009
On 8/19/2010 10:27 AM, Mauro Molinari wrote:|
> Since I switched to Helios/WTP 3.2.0, sometimes I'm encountering
> problems with publishing. Apart from the performance degradation fixed
> in 3.2.1 (because of the re-activation of some caching), it happens that
> the content of my dynamic web project do not get published correctly.
> The web module and the server are marked as "Synchronized", but only
> partial content is deployed to wtpwebapps in the publish target folder.
> Cleaning the affected project does not help. I have to remove and add
> again the web module to fix the problem. For big webapps, this is time
> Please note that:
> - I'm working on Windows XP x64 Edition
> - I'm publishing to Tomcat 6
> - build automatically is on
> - "automatically publish when resources change" is on
> - in the "publishing actions" of the server editor I have "Update
> contexts paths" checked
> - I'm not using "serve modules without publishing", of course
> I also tried to change the deploy path to a custom location, to avoid
> problems with file permissions or with too long file paths.
> Since I don't have the steps to repro, I was wondering if someone knows
> about this problem or if there's something I can do to investigate.
> By the way, this is a regression against WTP 3.1.x.
There have been some sporadic reports of this kind of problem, but
nothing that has been traced to something specific. Feel free to open a
bug on ServerTools where we can pursue the cause. I would be curious
what isn't published, jars, class files, static content, all of the
above? Also, does forcing a "full" publish with "Clean..." fix the
|Re: Publishing problems in WTP 3.2.x [message #554115 is a reply to message #554061]
||Fri, 20 August 2010 08:31
| Mauro Molinari
Registered: July 2009
Il 20/08/2010 2.27, Larry Isaacs ha scritto:|
> There have been some sporadic reports of this kind of problem, but
> nothing that has been traced to something specific. Feel free to open a
> bug on ServerTools where we can pursue the cause. I would be curious
> what isn't published, jars, class files, static content, all of the
> above? Also, does forcing a "full" publish with "Clean..." fix the
> publishing problem?
I'll try a Clean on the server (rather than on the project) next time.
I'll let you know.
From what I can remember, META-INF and WEB-INF folders were created,
along with web.xml e MANIFEST.MF, but static resources were not
published. If I remember well, classes were not published, while I'm
pretty sure that just some of the JARS in WEB-INF/lib were.
In the log, a suspicious entry might be:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-08-19 15:42:51.375
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.jav a:4041)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.msgFilterProc(Display.java:3 375)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3651)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2629)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:24 27)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 619)
Caused by: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:3 5)
... 27 more
I'll try to be more precise next time it happens. Since I'm working on a
test project based on open source code, I may even provide you the
project to test. Would a ZIP containing the project help you to
investigate, alghouth the bug happens only sometimes?
|Re: Publishing problems in WTP 3.2.x [message #646532 is a reply to message #646408]
||Mon, 27 December 2010 16:01
| Larry Isaacs
Registered: July 2009
On 12/23/2010 2:31 PM, Rafael wrote:|
> No, I can't recreate this behavior in a new workspace and simple Dynamic
> Below is the error trace given when I tried to clean the server.
> After this error I did a clean again and it worked ok
> java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
> BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
> Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
> Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.navigator 4 2 2010-12-23 17:01:03.197
> !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
> !STACK 0
> at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getModules(Serve
> !ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2010-12-23 17:05:24.658
> !MESSAGE Task failed
> !STACK 1
> org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not replace with temp file
> rg.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\temp\tmp7836803613724866063. null.
> at org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.internal.PublishOperation
> Best regards,
The NPE looks to be thread safety issue and it's a bug that "null" is
printed for the "Could not replace" message. I'll see what can be done
to improve these in WTP 3.2.2 and 3.3. Unfortunately, these don't give
much of a clue as to what exactly is going wrong or how to work around
it. If you are interested, it is not difficult to create a patched
plug-in. We try some simple changes to see if it helps your situation.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02222 seconds