|Installation Woes [message #55720]
||Fri, 27 February 2009 17:22
| Mark Johnson
Registered: July 2009
I am sorry if this comes across as a rant, but EPF has got to be the most |
frustrating application I have ever tried to use - and the frustration is
that it is clearly so full of potential.
Bear in mind that the installation instructions are:
* Extract the downloaded zip file
* Extract the included epf-composer-win32.win32.x86.zip file (if it
* Change to epf-composer folder and start the program named epf.exe
* * JRE 5 required
java version "1.6.0_10-rc2" is OK?
1. Are there supposed to be Model Libraries pre-loaded with the default
The epf.ini suggests that the default library is epf_practices but it is
not included by default.
I cannot Import one of the libraries available for download because EPF is
importing into an existing library, which doesn't exist.
2. Are the tutorials supposed to work out of the box?
I cannot follow the tutorials - I suspect because they assume that a
Method Library is available and selected/opened.
3. The Help doesn't start.
It throws an error when I start it "A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you
wish to debug? Line: 30 Error: Object Required"
What should I do?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.15354 seconds