Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher
[Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553352] Tue, 17 August 2010 04:57 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Hello,

I have a problem with the Acceleo UI Launcher Project created generated
from my Acceleo project. It doesn't find my template for generation.
It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name.

java.io.IOException: 'generate.emtl' not found
at
org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. initialize(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:313)
at [...].generator.component.files.Generate.<init>(Generate.java:87)
at
[...].generator.component.ui.common.GenerateAll$1.<init>(GenerateAll.java:83)
at
[...].generator.component.ui.common.GenerateAll.doGenerate(G enerateAll.java:83)
at
[...].generator.component.ui.popupMenus.AcceleoGenerateCompo nentAction$1.run(AcceleoGenerateComponentAction.java:76)
at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)

Here is the generated code for launching the generation:

final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("[generator.plugin]", new
Path("[...]/generator/component/files/generate.mtl"));
[...].generator.component.files.Generate gen0 = new
[...].generator.component.files.Generate(modelURI, targetFolder,
arguments) {
protected URI createTemplateURI(String entry) {
return template0;
}
};
gen0.doGenerate(BasicMonitor.toMonitor(monitor));

After some search, the createTemplateURI isn't called and it seems that
the Generate class tries to use a default value...

Any idea of the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Thierry
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553360 is a reply to message #553352] Tue, 17 August 2010 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane Begaudeau
Messages: 406
Registered: April 2010
Location: Nantes (France)
Senior Member

>> It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name
It is not the same name because it is not the same file. With the Acceleo editor you are creating "mtl" files, but when you are saving your files they are compiled in "emtl" files. In order to launch the generation, we need the compiled version of the file (we won't have to parse the mtl file again each time we want to use the generation). So I think that your problem should be solved with something like this :

final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("org.eclipse.acceleo.module", new Path("/org/eclipse/acceleo/module/files/generate.emtl"));
"org.eclipse.acceleo.module" is the name of my projet and my bundle ID and then I use the path to my "emtl" file.


Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo



Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553385 is a reply to message #553360] Tue, 17 August 2010 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent Goubet
Messages: 1609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000309050901090207020404
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Thierry,

Take note that we no longer generate this (or rather, we generate it
commented out) since 3.0 (June 2010) because of potential failures.

Please use the newly generated class (simply relaunch Acceleo ->
generate module UI launcher) and check whether you still encounter this
issue.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Stephane Begaudeau wrote:
>>> It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name
> It is not the same name because it is not the same file. With the
> Acceleo editor you are creating "mtl" files, but when you are saving
> your files they are compiled in "emtl" files. In order to launch the
> generation, we need the compiled version of the file (we won't have to
> parse the mtl file again each time we want to use the generation). So I
> think that your problem should be solved with something like this :
>
> final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("org.eclipse.acceleo.module", new
> Path("/org/eclipse/acceleo/module/files/generate.emtl"));
> "org.eclipse.acceleo.module" is the name of my projet and my bundle ID
> and then I use the path to my "emtl" file.
>
>
> Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo



--------------000309050901090207020404
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------000309050901090207020404--
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553687 is a reply to message #553385] Wed, 18 August 2010 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Stéphane and Laurent,

Thanks very much for your answers and the hint! I'll update my acceleo
within Eclipse and tell you if I still have some errors!

Thierry

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Take note that we no longer generate this (or rather, we generate it
> commented out) since 3.0 (June 2010) because of potential failures.
>
> Please use the newly generated class (simply relaunch Acceleo ->
> generate module UI launcher) and check whether you still encounter this
> issue.
>
> Laurent Goubet
> Obeo
>
> Stephane Begaudeau wrote:
>>>> It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name
>> It is not the same name because it is not the same file. With the
>> Acceleo editor you are creating "mtl" files, but when you are saving
>> your files they are compiled in "emtl" files. In order to launch the
>> generation, we need the compiled version of the file (we won't have to
>> parse the mtl file again each time we want to use the generation). So
>> I think that your problem should be solved with something like this :
>>
>> final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("org.eclipse.acceleo.module", new
>> Path("/org/eclipse/acceleo/module/files/generate.emtl"));
>> "org.eclipse.acceleo.module" is the name of my projet and my bundle ID
>> and then I use the path to my "emtl" file.
>>
>>
>> Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
>
>
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553706 is a reply to message #553687] Wed, 18 August 2010 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Hello,

I updated to Acceleo 3.0.0 v201006150906 and I have another error (null
pointer) when selecting "Acceleo Model to Text > Generate Component":

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate (AcceleoService.java:376)
at
org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. generate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:120)
at
org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. doGenerate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:99)
at
com.restlet.studio.generator.component.files.Generate.doGene rate(Generate.java:148)
at
com.restlet.studio.generator.component.ui.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:89)
at
com.restlet.studio.generator.component.ui.popupMenus.Acceleo GenerateComponentAction$1.run(AcceleoGenerateComponentAction .java:76)
at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)

Any idea?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!
Thierry

> Stéphane and Laurent,
>
> Thanks very much for your answers and the hint! I'll update my acceleo
> within Eclipse and tell you if I still have some errors!
>
> Thierry
>
>> Hi Thierry,
>>
>> Take note that we no longer generate this (or rather, we generate it
>> commented out) since 3.0 (June 2010) because of potential failures.
>>
>> Please use the newly generated class (simply relaunch Acceleo ->
>> generate module UI launcher) and check whether you still encounter
>> this issue.
>>
>> Laurent Goubet
>> Obeo
>>
>> Stephane Begaudeau wrote:
>>>>> It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name
>>> It is not the same name because it is not the same file. With the
>>> Acceleo editor you are creating "mtl" files, but when you are saving
>>> your files they are compiled in "emtl" files. In order to launch the
>>> generation, we need the compiled version of the file (we won't have
>>> to parse the mtl file again each time we want to use the generation).
>>> So I think that your problem should be solved with something like this :
>>>
>>> final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("org.eclipse.acceleo.module",
>>> new Path("/org/eclipse/acceleo/module/files/generate.emtl"));
>>> "org.eclipse.acceleo.module" is the name of my projet and my bundle
>>> ID and then I use the path to my "emtl" file.
>>>
>>>
>>> Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
>>
>>
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #553855 is a reply to message #553706] Thu, 19 August 2010 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent Goubet
Messages: 1609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000703090602090101030905
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Thierry,

To validate ... you don't have any "@generated NOT" in your generator
class (com.restlet.studio.generator.component.files.Generate)? We
haven't observed NPEs with the classes generated by the 3.0.0 release
yet IIRC.

If this class is indeed entirely generated, could you provide us with
the template and generated class that cause this failure (preferably
through bugzilla)?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Thierry Templier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I updated to Acceleo 3.0.0 v201006150906 and I have another error (null
> pointer) when selecting "Acceleo Model to Text > Generate Component":
>
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate (AcceleoService.java:376)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. generate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:120)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. doGenerate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:99)
>
> at
> com.restlet.studio.generator.component.files.Generate.doGene rate(Generate.java:148)
>
> at
> com.restlet.studio.generator.component.ui.common.GenerateAll .doGenerate(GenerateAll.java:89)
>
> at
> com.restlet.studio.generator.component.ui.popupMenus.Acceleo GenerateComponentAction$1.run(AcceleoGenerateComponentAction .java:76)
>
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
>
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks very much in advance for your help!
> Thierry
>
>> Stéphane and Laurent,
>>
>> Thanks very much for your answers and the hint! I'll update my acceleo
>> within Eclipse and tell you if I still have some errors!
>>
>> Thierry
>>
>>> Hi Thierry,
>>>
>>> Take note that we no longer generate this (or rather, we generate it
>>> commented out) since 3.0 (June 2010) because of potential failures.
>>>
>>> Please use the newly generated class (simply relaunch Acceleo ->
>>> generate module UI launcher) and check whether you still encounter
>>> this issue.
>>>
>>> Laurent Goubet
>>> Obeo
>>>
>>> Stephane Begaudeau wrote:
>>>>>> It's a bit strange because it's not its exact name
>>>> It is not the same name because it is not the same file. With the
>>>> Acceleo editor you are creating "mtl" files, but when you are saving
>>>> your files they are compiled in "emtl" files. In order to launch the
>>>> generation, we need the compiled version of the file (we won't have
>>>> to parse the mtl file again each time we want to use the
>>>> generation). So I think that your problem should be solved with
>>>> something like this :
>>>>
>>>> final URI template0 = getTemplateURI("org.eclipse.acceleo.module",
>>>> new Path("/org/eclipse/acceleo/module/files/generate.emtl"));
>>>> "org.eclipse.acceleo.module" is the name of my projet and my bundle
>>>> ID and then I use the path to my "emtl" file.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Stéphane Bégaudeau, Obeo
>>>
>>>


--------------000703090602090101030905
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------000703090602090101030905--
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #554440 is a reply to message #553855] Mon, 23 August 2010 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Hello Laurent,

I think that my problem is due to problem compilation of my template...

In fact, I have a more general question beside that. I want to develop
in parallel both metamodel and templates. The problem is that my
templates can't find URI of my metamodel since it's not registered at
this level in EMF registry (a new eclipse instance need to be launched).
This isn't very convenient... Is there an approach to develop both in
the same workspace.

Thanks very much for your help!
Thierry

> Hi Thierry,
>
> To validate ... you don't have any "@generated NOT" in your generator
> class (com.restlet.studio.generator.component.files.Generate)? We
> haven't observed NPEs with the classes generated by the 3.0.0 release
> yet IIRC.
>
> If this class is indeed entirely generated, could you provide us with
> the template and generated class that cause this failure (preferably
> through bugzilla)?
>
> Laurent Goubet
> Obeo
>
> Thierry Templier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I updated to Acceleo 3.0.0 v201006150906 and I have another error
>> (null pointer) when selecting "Acceleo Model to Text > Generate
>> Component":
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>> at
>> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AcceleoService.doGenerate (AcceleoService.java:376)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. generate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:120)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.acceleo.engine.service.AbstractAcceleoGenerator. doGenerate(AbstractAcceleoGenerator.java:99)
>>
>> at
>> [...].generator.component.files.Generate.doGenerate(Generate .java:148)
>>
>> at
>> [...].generator.component.ui.common.GenerateAll.doGenerate(G enerateAll.java:89)
>>
>> at
>> [...].generator.component.ui.popupMenus.AcceleoGenerateCompo nentAction$1.run(AcceleoGenerateComponentAction.java:76)
>>
>> at
>> org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread. run(ModalContext.java:121)
>>
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks very much in advance for your help!
>> Thierry
>>
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #554443 is a reply to message #554440] Mon, 23 August 2010 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane Begaudeau
Messages: 406
Registered: April 2010
Location: Nantes (France)
Senior Member

Hi,

>> Is there an approach to develop both in the same workspace.
If I remember correctly, you can create an EMF project and the project wizard you have an option to load an ecore metamodel. After that you can manipulate it in the same workspace if you create a module from a Runtime version. Or you can create a small java class to load your metamodel with the necessary code: http://eclipsemde.blogspot.com/2010/06/package-with-uri-not- found.html
I think that ATL also have an action to do something like this.


Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo



Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #554697 is a reply to message #554443] Tue, 24 August 2010 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Thanks very much, Stéphane! I'll look for in that direction...

Thierry

> Hi,
>
>>> Is there an approach to develop both in the same workspace.
> If I remember correctly, you can create an EMF project and the project
> wizard you have an option to load an ecore metamodel. After that you can
> manipulate it in the same workspace if you create a module from a
> Runtime version. Or you can create a small java class to load your
> metamodel with the necessary code:
> http://eclipsemde.blogspot.com/2010/06/package-with-uri-not- found.html
> I think that ATL also have an action to do something like this.
>
>
> Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #554722 is a reply to message #554697] Tue, 24 August 2010 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Hello,

With your hints, I don't have the error anymore with the UI launcher but
nothing happens... What is the way to see some debug messages of what
happens?

Thanks for your help.
Thierry

> Thanks very much, Stéphane! I'll look for in that direction...
>
> Thierry
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>>> Is there an approach to develop both in the same workspace.
>> If I remember correctly, you can create an EMF project and the project
>> wizard you have an option to load an ecore metamodel. After that you
>> can manipulate it in the same workspace if you create a module from a
>> Runtime version. Or you can create a small java class to load your
>> metamodel with the necessary code:
>> http://eclipsemde.blogspot.com/2010/06/package-with-uri-not- found.html
>> I think that ATL also have an action to do something like this.
>>
>>
>> Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #554845 is a reply to message #554722] Tue, 24 August 2010 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane Begaudeau
Messages: 406
Registered: April 2010
Location: Nantes (France)
Senior Member

Hi,

If we detect a problem, we always log a new message so if there is no message and nothing appends, I would say that:
1- something is not well connected
2- you generation does not produce any result on the given model
3- we have an error that is not logged

We have debug messages for errors and they are always in the console.

You can try to follow the execution of your module with the debug mode (you just have to place some breakpoints and lunch in debug mode, then you can switch to the debug perspective to have something like this).

Does the problem appears if you create a very simple Acceleo module and then a simple Acceleo UI Launcher ?


Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo



Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #555280 is a reply to message #553352] Thu, 26 August 2010 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane Begaudeau
Messages: 406
Registered: April 2010
Location: Nantes (France)
Senior Member

>> Is there an approach to develop both in the same workspace.

Since I've learned new tricks to solve this problem, you could try one of those solutions : click me !


Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo



Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #555574 is a reply to message #554845] Fri, 27 August 2010 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: templth.yahoo.fr

Hello Stéphane,

I debugged the ui launcher and I saw that the template is never called
because, in the method doGenerate in class AcceleoService, the test
isInstance is never true even for the entry type of the template:

while (targetElements.hasNext()) {
final EObject potentialTarget = targetElements.next();
if (argumentType.isInstance(potentialTarget)) { <-------
(...)
}
}

The argumentType instance in my case is not null, of type EClass but all
its fields are null...

Thanks very much for your help!
Thierry

> Hi,
>
> If we detect a problem, we always log a new message so if there is no
> message and nothing appends, I would say that:
> 1- something is not well connected
> 2- you generation does not produce any result on the given model
> 3- we have an error that is not logged
>
> We have debug messages for errors and they are always in the console.
>
> You can try to follow the execution of your module with the debug mode
> (you just have to place some breakpoints and lunch in debug mode, then
> you can switch to the debug perspective to have something like
> http://a.imageshack.us/img339/2161/debuge.png).
> Does the problem appears if you create a very simple Acceleo module and
> then a simple Acceleo UI Launcher ?
>
>
> Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #555924 is a reply to message #555574] Mon, 30 August 2010 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent Goubet
Messages: 1609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070506070301090908030203
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Hi Thierry,

Seems to me like a problem with an unresolved proxy (in debug, what is
your "argumentType"? Does argumentType.eIsProxy() return true?). Could
you raise a bugzilla issue so that we know we need to make a thorough
test of Acceleo with dynamic models?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

Thierry Templier wrote:
> Hello Stéphane,
>
> I debugged the ui launcher and I saw that the template is never called
> because, in the method doGenerate in class AcceleoService, the test
> isInstance is never true even for the entry type of the template:
>
> while (targetElements.hasNext()) {
> final EObject potentialTarget = targetElements.next();
> if (argumentType.isInstance(potentialTarget)) { <-------
> (...)
> }
> }
>
> The argumentType instance in my case is not null, of type EClass but all
> its fields are null...
>
> Thanks very much for your help!
> Thierry
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If we detect a problem, we always log a new message so if there is no
>> message and nothing appends, I would say that:
>> 1- something is not well connected
>> 2- you generation does not produce any result on the given model
>> 3- we have an error that is not logged
>>
>> We have debug messages for errors and they are always in the console.
>>
>> You can try to follow the execution of your module with the debug mode
>> (you just have to place some breakpoints and lunch in debug mode, then
>> you can switch to the debug perspective to have something like
>> http://a.imageshack.us/img339/2161/debuge.png).
>> Does the problem appears if you create a very simple Acceleo module
>> and then a simple Acceleo UI Launcher ?
>>
>>
>> Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo


--------------070506070301090908030203
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------070506070301090908030203--
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #641869 is a reply to message #553360] Sun, 28 November 2010 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariam  is currently offline mariam
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I'm having a problem with the generated UI launcher too. When I run my acceleo template by setting the input model and output folder through the run configuration the template works just fine.

so, i generated an acceleo UI Launcher project and tried to run it but nothing is generated. The output folder is automatically created but it is always empty with no code generated. I don't know wht the problem is! there are no errors generated in the console too!

I think the problem is not in the template file, coz when i run it alone it runs just fine.. Any idea where the problem might be?! Also, should i do any modifications to the UI launcher code?

plz help..

Thanks

Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #642015 is a reply to message #553352] Mon, 29 November 2010 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane Begaudeau
Messages: 406
Registered: April 2010
Location: Nantes (France)
Senior Member

Hi,

Did you modified the generated UI launcher ? (if yes, does the problem appear with a basic UI launcher ?)
What is your metamodel ?
Do you have the same problem with a basic version of your project (same model but one module with one template) if you create a new UI launcher ?

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo



Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #642139 is a reply to message #642015] Mon, 29 November 2010 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariam  is currently offline mariam
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,
The metamodel i'm using is UML "http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.1.0/UML"
I didn't modify the generated UI. Also when I tried the acceleo example UML2JAVA, I faced the same problem when trying to run the UI launcher, nothing is generated...?
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #642170 is a reply to message #642139] Tue, 30 November 2010 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent Goubet
Messages: 1609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------020500060701090903070704
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Mariam,

We've never observed with the generated UI launcher such an issue as
what you're getting ... Just to make sure :
- you created an Acceleo project (say "projectA") and module files
within it, this generator works fine when launched from an Acceleo
launch configuration (with model "modelA.uml")
- you then generated an Acceleo "module UI" project (call it
"projectA.UI" for projectA
- you launch a Runtime Eclipse (menu "Run" > "Eclipse Application")
- in this new Runtime Eclipse, you create a new project, and copy
modelA.uml in this project.
- you right-click on modelA.uml and use the "Model To Text
Transformation" > "Generate *" action, and nothing gets generated

Is that indeed your workflow? Are you sure the model you use in both
case (from the generated action and from the launch configuration) are
the same?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

On 30/11/2010 05:30, mariam wrote:
> Hi,
> The metamodel i'm using is UML "http://www.eclipse.org/uml2/2.1.0/UML"
> I didn't modify the generated UI. Also when I tried the acceleo example
> UML2JAVA, I faced the same problem when trying to run the UI launcher,
> nothing is generated...?
>


--------------020500060701090903070704
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------020500060701090903070704--
Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #642364 is a reply to message #642170] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mariam  is currently offline mariam
Messages: 8
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Thank you for your response.. yes, that is exactly my workflow. And I'm using exactly the same file for both cases.

Just a couple of points i'd like to mention:

- I'm using acceleo with ibm RSA, which is based on eclipse. I don't think that this may be the problem, do you?

- Another point is that the model i'm using is uml with a profile applied to it. But yet again when i tried the acceleo example UML2Java which uses a pure uml model, it didn't work either from the ui launcher..

I'm really stuck here, especially that there is no error generated.I can't understand where the problem might be?

Thanks again for your help..

Re: [Acceleo] Problem with the generated UI launcher [message #642388 is a reply to message #642364] Wed, 01 December 2010 02:35 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent Goubet
Messages: 1609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000103090909080202080802
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Mariam,

Then we have never observed this. Could you raise a bug for this
mentionning your version of Eclipse, your version of Acceleo, the
version of Java and the OS you're on?

Thanks

Laurent Goubet
Obeo

On 01/12/2010 03:22, mariam wrote:
> Thank you for your response.. yes, that is exactly my workflow. And I'm
> using exactly the same file for both cases.
> Just a couple of points i'd like to mention:
>
> - I'm using acceleo with ibm RSA, which is based on eclipse. I don't
> think that this may be the problem, do you?
>
> - Another point is that the model i'm using is uml with a profile
> applied to it. But yet again when i tried the acceleo example UML2Java
> which uses a pure uml model, it didn't work either from the ui launcher..
>
> I'm really stuck here, especially that there is no error generated.I
> can't understand where the problem might be?
>
> Thanks again for your help..
>


--------------000103090909080202080802
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
name="laurent_goubet.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="laurent_goubet.vcf"

YmVnaW46dmNhcmQNCmZuOkxhdXJlbnQgR291YmV0DQpuOkdvdWJldDtMYXVy ZW50DQpvcmc6
PGEgaHJlZj0iaHR0cDovL3d3dy5vYmVvLmZyIj5PYmVvPC9hPg0KZW1haWw7 aW50ZXJuZXQ6
bGF1cmVudC5nb3ViZXRAb2Jlby5mcg0KdXJsOmh0dHA6Ly93d3cub2Jlby5m cg0KdmVyc2lv
bjoyLjENCmVuZDp2Y2FyZA0KDQo=
--------------000103090909080202080802--
Previous Topic:[Xpand] EXPAND problem
Next Topic:[Xpand] Changes in 1.1
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Apr 23 02:51:29 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02582 seconds