Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Multipage editor HOME/END/INSERT not sent to correct page(Multipage editor HOME/END/INSERT not sent to correct page)
Multipage editor HOME/END/INSERT not sent to correct page [message #552054] Tue, 10 August 2010 16:12 Go to next message
rlbrisse  is currently offline rlbrisse Friend
I have created a multipage editor which extends org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor (extends org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart) and I am running into an issue where the HOME/INSERT/END keys are only responding on the 1st tab to open.
When I switch to my 2nd tab I see that my keystrokes are still being listened to on the 1st tab. (eg I switch to the 2nd tab and hit insert, the cursor on the 2nd tab maintains its smart insert state; switching to the 1st tab shows it's cursor has changed from smart insert to overwrite).

Any suggestions where I should be looking for my error? Is this handled by the action bar contributor specified in the plugin.xml or something I'm missing in the editor's pageChange action?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Re: Multipage editor HOME/END/INSERT not sent to correct page [message #552379 is a reply to message #552054] Thu, 12 August 2010 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Storer is currently offline Mark StorerFriend

rlbrisse wrote on Tue, 10 August 2010 09:12
When I switch to my 2nd tab I see that my keystrokes are still being listened to on the 1st tab.

Are you "manually" adding these listeners? If so, you'll have to just as manually remove them... presumably in FormPage.pageChanged(int newPageIdx). You could also use an IPageChangedListener.

If not... hmmm... maybe you're setting the focus to a control on that page without making it the current page somehow? Wild guesses at this point.

--Mark Storer
Senior Software Engineer
Autonomy Cardiff

import legalese.disclaimer;
Disclaimer<Cardiff> disCard = null;

Google Code Search

[Updated on: Thu, 12 August 2010 00:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Multipage editor HOME/END/INSERT not sent to correct page [message #554967 is a reply to message #552379] Tue, 24 August 2010 23:30 Go to previous message
rlbrisse  is currently offline rlbrisse Friend
The listeners seem to be coming from the base eclipse components themselves. If I actually knew where they were coming from I would overwrite them by hand as you suggested.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to dedicate much time to this matter but I will try your suggestions and update if I make any progress.

Thanks for your response
Previous Topic:how can i know what eclipse is hanging?
Next Topic:eclipse goes mental with garbage collection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 22 02:57:44 GMT 2014