Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » p2 Director Headless Install w/ Update Site
p2 Director Headless Install w/ Update Site [message #549976] Wed, 28 July 2010 15:39 Go to next message
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
I've worked out how to perform an installation of IUs from a p2 update site into an offline eclipse installation using the headless p2 director application. However, after the installation is completed the update site used to perform the installation is not registered with the UI based update system in the modified eclipse.

Is there a way to have the offline update also register the update site used for the installation with the target eclipse? I'm trying to work out a packaging scenario for an all-in-one distribution without the need to start the target installation up and performing the installation of the IUs manually before packaging the installer. If there is a better way to do this I'd love to hear your ideas.
Re: p2 Director Headless Install w/ Update Site [message #550023 is a reply to message #549976] Wed, 28 July 2010 19:18 Go to previous message
Terran Gilman is currently offline Terran GilmanFriend
Solved my own problem. For anyone looking for the same answer, the solution lies in the use of p2 touch points via a p2.inf file located in your primary feature. There is detailed information located at:

http:// wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Adding_Self-Update_to_an_RCP_App lication
and
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Engine/Touchpoint_Instructions

Previous Topic:p2-repo feature patch / replace
Next Topic:disable adding dependencies in final p2 feature build artefact?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:22:31 GMT 2024