Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » migrating from Ganymede to Galileo
migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #549921] Wed, 28 July 2010 13:25 Go to next message
David  is currently offline David Friend
Messages: 23
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
Hello again,
Our PlugIn uses nebula grid and target platform ganymede (3.4.0).
Now we change target to galileo (3.5.2).
At first glance, everything works fine except one little thing:
The Method
Point[] getCellSelection()
in Grid.java has changed its behaviour.
With ganymede, the returned Point´s y value was always refered to the complete expanded grid.
Now it seems to depend on the expanded/collapsed state of previous rows.
What can have caused this change?
Is there a way to get the old behaviour?

regards,
David
Re: migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #549952 is a reply to message #549921] Wed, 28 July 2010 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5463
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Well it's hard too tell with knowing which build (or better
CVS-Revision) of the Grid you've been using before. We have never
released stuff with Ganymede nor Galileo.

If you don't need new features of the latest build I think you could
still use the old version of grid.

Tom

Am 28.07.10 15:25, schrieb David:
> Hello again,
> Our PlugIn uses nebula grid and target platform ganymede (3.4.0).
> Now we change target to galileo (3.5.2).
> At first glance, everything works fine except one little thing:
> The Method Point[] getCellSelection() in Grid.java has changed its
> behaviour.
> With ganymede, the returned Point´s y value was always refered to the
> complete expanded grid.
> Now it seems to depend on the expanded/collapsed state of previous rows.
> What can have caused this change?
> Is there a way to get the old behaviour?
>
> regards,
> David
Re: migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #550084 is a reply to message #549921] Thu, 29 July 2010 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David  is currently offline David Friend
Messages: 23
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
The version of the nebula grid has not changed, only the target platform.
Sorry for not pointing that out.
Maybe some differences in SWT or JFace?

greetings,
David
Re: migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #550126 is a reply to message #550084] Thu, 29 July 2010 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 5463
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Well JFace-Viewers has always created the subitems lazily so if the
TreeItem hasn't been expanded yet no subitems are available (beside a
virtual one to show the expand icon).

Because you are still using the same Grid-Implementation I'm a bit
clueless on what's going wrong for you. What happens if you
expand/collapse the complete tree once, are the y-Values correct then?

Tom

Am 29.07.10 08:05, schrieb David:
> The version of the nebula grid has not changed, only the target platform.
> Sorry for not pointing that out.
> Maybe some differences in SWT or JFace?
>
> greetings,
> David
Re: migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #550141 is a reply to message #550126] Thu, 29 July 2010 09:32 Go to previous message
David  is currently offline David Friend
Messages: 23
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
Quote:
Well JFace-Viewers has always created the subitems lazily so if the
TreeItem hasn't been expanded yet no subitems are available (beside a
virtual one to show the expand icon).

That would explain why i get a NPE in my RowHeaderRenderer. The getData method from the given item does return null when i expand a row.
When i collapse/expand all, the value changes to something that makes no sense...
I was able to fix the wrong row coordinate by also getting the selected items, so the only problem now is the NullPointerException in the RowHeaderRenderer.

Many thanks so far,
David
Re: migrating from Ganymede to Galileo [message #600084 is a reply to message #550126] Thu, 29 July 2010 09:32 Go to previous message
David  is currently offline David Friend
Messages: 23
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
Quote:
> Well JFace-Viewers has always created the subitems lazily so if the
> TreeItem hasn't been expanded yet no subitems are available (beside a
> virtual one to show the expand icon).

That would explain why i get a NPE in my RowHeaderRenderer. The getData method from the given item does return null when i expand a row.
When i collapse/expand all, the value changes to something that makes no sense...
I was able to fix the wrong row coordinate by also getting the selected items, so the only problem now is the NullPointerException in the RowHeaderRenderer.

Many thanks so far,
David
Previous Topic:migrating from Ganymede to Galileo
Next Topic:Nebula GanttChart EventListener
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 17:34:53 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.12861 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software