Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » how to create App Server specific deployment descriptors with WTP(how to create App Server specific deployment descriptors with WTP)
how to create App Server specific deployment descriptors with WTP [message #549524] Tue, 27 July 2010 06:17 Go to next message
Barry  is currently offline Barry Friend
Hello,

how do I create App Server specific deployment descriptors with WTP, like jboss-web.xml or weblogic.xml? Any code examples?
I think I should use ArtifactEdit, but I also need the Factories.

Thank You!

Barry

[Updated on: Tue, 27 July 2010 06:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to create App Server specific deployment descriptors with WTP [message #549993 is a reply to message #549524] Wed, 28 July 2010 16:41 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
WTP does not deal with creating app server specific descriptors. You will either need to create them as plain text files or you will need to install a server-specific plugin and learn how to use that plugin's API.

For WebLogic Server, you will need Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, which you can download at this location:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/eclipse/do wnloads/index.html

You can ask questions about this plugin at the following Oracle forum:

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=578

I don't know the links for JBoss, but I am sure that Google can help you find those.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:How to reference a project as an dependency for Dynamic web project
Next Topic:java-output-path in org.eclipse.wst.common.component file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 18:00:12 GMT 2024