Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » can we integrate dreamweaver with eclipse like we do in netbeans?
can we integrate dreamweaver with eclipse like we do in netbeans? [message #549332] Mon, 26 July 2010 09:28 Go to next message
Venkattesh B is currently offline Venkattesh B
I was using netbeans and integrated dreamweaver to its .../build/web folder

But due netbeans constant deployment error with Tomcat issue I switched to eclipse

Though I can run my web app in eclipse, but I dont know ....
1)where eclipse deploys its project,
2) from where tomcat fetches the requested jsp. I dont think it would be doing from ../WebContent/
3)where JSP files are compiled and kept. i.e. I dont see any JSP or Sevlet in its build folder

Please reply

Venkat
Re: can we integrate dreamweaver with eclipse like we do in netbeans? [message #549438 is a reply to message #549332] Mon, 26 July 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin Komissarchik
Venkat,

This question would be more appropriate for the WTP forum. Here is a link:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id= 88&

In terms of what you are asking... I am not familiar with DreamWeaver, but assuming it produces basic web artifacts (images, html files, jsp files, etc), you should point it at your project's WebContent directory. Note that you will need to refresh that directory in Eclipse after making changes to its content in DreamWeaver.

Don't try to integrate DreamWeaver build output (complied jsps, etc) with Eclipse. That is both not necessary as the app server will compile jsp files on the fly and is not going to work.

Please post any follow-up questions to the WTP forum.

- Konstantin

[Updated on: Mon, 26 July 2010 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: can we integrate dreamweaver with eclipse like we do in netbeans? [message #549458 is a reply to message #549438] Mon, 26 July 2010 12:59 Go to previous message
Venkattesh B is currently offline Venkattesh B
Thanks Komissarchik for repyling

I am new to this forum thats why I posted here

Any way I use dreamweaver for just designing purpose.
Dreamweaver doesn't compiles any JSP because it doesn't know that it has to be converted in to servlet first.
Any way I got the way out of this.
1) I keep eclipse running
2)I put dreamweaver local root folder to eclipse's webapp/webcontent/
3)created a folder dreamweaver-web under eclipse's build
i.e webapp/buils/dreamweaver-web/
4) set dreaweaver remote foder and Testing server folder to newly created
webapp/buils/dreamweaver-web/

(This is because dreamweaver treats JSP in a ASP fashion, copies all the all the file to the servers root folder. So in this case it is assuming that webapp/buils/dreamweaver-web/ is the server root folder.)
So when you are completed with your project you easliy deploy the war file without any dreamweaver-web folder content.

But still I didn't got to know where eclipse compiles and store the generated servlets.

Venkat

[Updated on: Mon, 26 July 2010 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to get identifiers of Workspace Preferences?
Next Topic:Refactoring the type of bean property
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 25 09:55:49 EDT 2014