Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Plugin installation silently fails...
icon5.gif  Plugin installation silently fails... [message #549139] Sun, 25 July 2010 07:38
Zviki Cohen is currently offline Zviki CohenFriend
I have an update site for distributing my plugin. I got several complaints from people who tried to install it and it failed.

The installation went through the update manager. It seems to be complete successfully. The platform restarts, but the plugin is not loaded. Not even when loading with -clean. In the About dialog box, under the installation details, it appears that the feature is installed. Further inspecting the configuration reveals that the plugins/features are just not there.

Looking at the workspace log reveals nothing. I have two incidents reported. One with Windows 7 and Helios, one with Vista and Galileo, with different 1.6 JVM versions.

Re-installing does not work since the platform reports that the feature is already installed (again, looking in the configuration, it is just not listed in the features section). In one case, uninstalling and installing again fixed the issue.

My question is: where do I start investigating? I'm completely in the dark here.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Zviki
Previous Topic:P2 Update Fails After Port from 3.5 to 3.6 Helios
Next Topic:p2 self-update failed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:14:43 GMT 2024