Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Web Service Client Wizard Problems(Can not retreive WSDL from external URI's)
Web Service Client Wizard Problems [message #547165] Thu, 15 July 2010 18:34 Go to next message
ralph  is currently offline ralph Friend
I have sucessfully installed Eclipse Helios Release. I am trying to create a web service client using the Web Service Client wizard but I can not access WSDL documents from external sites. I am behind a corporate firewall. I am able to access WSDL's for local services that exist behind the firewall but if I paste http://soap.amazon.com/schemas2/AmazonWebServices.wsdl into the Service definition field or Browse->Enter a URI to a WSDL, WSIL or HTML document field, the wizard complains and returns an Operation timed out window with a Could not retrieve the WSDL file message. I suspect this is a firewall problem but at the same time, I am able to download Eclipse updates from the Help->Check for Updates menu option. So I'm not sure if there is another proxy configuration that the wizard uses or not. My Network Connections->Active Provider is set to "NATIVE"

[Updated on: Thu, 15 July 2010 19:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Web Service Client Wizard Problems [message #548109 is a reply to message #547165] Tue, 20 July 2010 16:45 Go to previous message
ralph  is currently offline ralph Friend
Problem solved! I am able to access remote/external web services. I did not have the correct proxy setup under Window->Preferences->Network Connections (Active Provider:Manual)
Previous Topic:How to install a WTP Patch?
Next Topic:Create own server adapter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 23 04:47:46 GMT 2014