Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor
How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #546874] Wed, 14 July 2010 13:27 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

Hello,

when using the ant actor, I see output like this:


init actor: ant[<bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
   buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
INFO:  [start <bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
   target.arch=x86
   (...)
   target.os=linux
[ant] Java Result: 1



How can I get more output from the ant actor? It seems like the output
of end is thrown away internally. Normally ant prints things like the
target being executed, and when it has exceptions I see them as well.
For this case, it shows only a single line:

[ant] Java Result: 1

what ant did, and what it resulted in. Also, the output of for instance
the 'echo' task, is not visible when using the ant actor. How can I see
the stack traces, and all other information useful to find out what is
going on here?

Thanks,
Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #546885 is a reply to message #546874] Wed, 14 July 2010 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

Hello,

Ehhhh... This one really didn't have any output. Also, echo now did
work, and stack traces do show up...

sorry about that.

Dennis


Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when using the ant actor, I see output like this:
>
>
> 
> init actor: ant[<bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>   buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
> INFO:  [start <bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>   target.arch=x86
>   (...)
>   target.os=linux
> [ant] Java Result: 1
> 
> 

>
> How can I get more output from the ant actor? It seems like the output
> of end is thrown away internally. Normally ant prints things like the
> target being executed, and when it has exceptions I see them as well.
> For this case, it shows only a single line:
>
> [ant] Java Result: 1
>
> what ant did, and what it resulted in. Also, the output of for instance
> the 'echo' task, is not visible when using the ant actor. How can I see
> the stack traces, and all other information useful to find out what is
> going on here?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #546899 is a reply to message #546885] Wed, 14 July 2010 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

OK, sorry, but I get some strange results again. From Eclipse IDE I get:


Buildfile: <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/xtext.generate.sources.xml

xtext.generate.sources:
         [java] 0    INFO  StandaloneSetup    - Registering platform uri 
'<path>'
         [java] 1940 INFO  DirectoryCleaner   - Cleaning 
<path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/src-gen
         [java] 2633 INFO  DirectoryCleaner   - Cleaning 
<path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.ui/src-gen
         [java] 2765 INFO  LanguageConfig     - generating 
infrastructure for nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.CifText with fragments : 
ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment, 
EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment, 
ResourceFactoryFragment, XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment, 
JavaValidatorFragment, ImportNamespacesScopingFragment, 
QualifiedNamesFragment, BuilderIntegrationFragment, 
LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment, 
OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, QuickOutlineFragment, 
QuickfixProviderFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment, 
XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment
         [java] 87906 INFO  JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate 
for org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
         [java] 108291 INFO  Workflow           - Done.
Build cancelled.
Total time: 2 minutes 22 seconds


as output of running the Ant script. Using Buckminster, I get:

init actor: 
ant[nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
   buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
INFO:  [start 
nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
   target.arch=x86
   (...some more properties...)
   target.os=linux
INFO:  [end 
nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
Doing full workspace refresh
Waiting for jobs to end


I would expect the same output as in the Eclipse IDE to appear within
the [start...] and [end...] parts, when running from Headless
Buckminster, using the ant actor.

Does anyone know how to get more output from the ant actor?

Dennis



Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ehhhh... This one really didn't have any output. Also, echo now did
> work, and stack traces do show up...
>
> sorry about that.
>
> Dennis
>
>
> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> when using the ant actor, I see output like this:
>>
>>
>>
>> init actor: ant[<bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>   buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
>> INFO:  [start <bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>   target.arch=x86
>>   (...)
>>   target.os=linux
>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>
>> 

>>
>> How can I get more output from the ant actor? It seems like the output
>> of end is thrown away internally. Normally ant prints things like the
>> target being executed, and when it has exceptions I see them as well.
>> For this case, it shows only a single line:
>>
>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>
>> what ant did, and what it resulted in. Also, the output of for
>> instance the 'echo' task, is not visible when using the ant actor. How
>> can I see the stack traces, and all other information useful to find
>> out what is going on here?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #546949 is a reply to message #546899] Wed, 14 July 2010 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Lindberg is currently offline Henrik LindbergFriend
Messages: 2500
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Did you look at the documentation? The ant actor and how it works is
described on p.176 ff. in the current Bucky Book.
It probably does not state exactly what you want, but may give you
pointers to more info.

Then there is always the source... ;)
Regards
- henrik

On 7/14/10 4:05 PM, Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> OK, sorry, but I get some strange results again. From Eclipse IDE I get:
>
>
>
> Buildfile: <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/xtext.generate.sources.xml
>
> xtext.generate.sources:
> [java] 0 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri '<path>'
> [java] 1940 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning
> <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/src-gen
> [java] 2633 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning
> <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.ui/src-gen
>
> [java] 2765 INFO LanguageConfig - generating infrastructure for
> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.CifText with fragments :
> ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment,
> EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment,
> ResourceFactoryFragment, XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment,
> JavaValidatorFragment, ImportNamespacesScopingFragment,
> QualifiedNamesFragment, BuilderIntegrationFragment,
> LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment,
> OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, QuickOutlineFragment,
> QuickfixProviderFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment,
> XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment
> [java] 87906 INFO JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate for
> org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
> [java] 108291 INFO Workflow - Done.
> Build cancelled.
> Total time: 2 minutes 22 seconds
> 

>
> as output of running the Ant script. Using Buckminster, I get:
>
>
> init actor:
> ant[nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
> buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
> INFO: [start
> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
> target.arch=x86
> (...some more properties...)
> target.os=linux
> INFO: [end
> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
> Doing full workspace refresh
> Waiting for jobs to end
> 

>
> I would expect the same output as in the Eclipse IDE to appear within
> the [start...] and [end...] parts, when running from Headless
> Buckminster, using the ant actor.
>
> Does anyone know how to get more output from the ant actor?
>
> Dennis
>
>
>
> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Ehhhh... This one really didn't have any output. Also, echo now did
>> work, and stack traces do show up...
>>
>> sorry about that.
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>>
>> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> when using the ant actor, I see output like this:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> init actor: ant[<bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>> buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
>>> INFO: [start <bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>> target.arch=x86
>>> (...)
>>> target.os=linux
>>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>>
>>> 

>>>
>>> How can I get more output from the ant actor? It seems like the
>>> output of end is thrown away internally. Normally ant prints things
>>> like the target being executed, and when it has exceptions I see them
>>> as well. For this case, it shows only a single line:
>>>
>>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>>
>>> what ant did, and what it resulted in. Also, the output of for
>>> instance the 'echo' task, is not visible when using the ant actor.
>>> How can I see the stack traces, and all other information useful to
>>> find out what is going on here?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #547038 is a reply to message #546949] Thu, 15 July 2010 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

OK. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Dennis


Henrik Lindberg wrote:
> Did you look at the documentation? The ant actor and how it works is
> described on p.176 ff. in the current Bucky Book.
> It probably does not state exactly what you want, but may give you
> pointers to more info.
>
> Then there is always the source... ;)
> Regards
> - henrik
>
> On 7/14/10 4:05 PM, Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>> OK, sorry, but I get some strange results again. From Eclipse IDE I get:
>>
>>
>>
>> Buildfile: <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/xtext.generate.sources.xml
>>
>> xtext.generate.sources:
>> [java] 0 INFO StandaloneSetup - Registering platform uri '<path>'
>> [java] 1940 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning
>> <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/src-gen 
>>
>> [java] 2633 INFO DirectoryCleaner - Cleaning
>> <path>/nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser/../nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.ui/src-gen 
>>
>>
>> [java] 2765 INFO LanguageConfig - generating infrastructure for
>> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser.CifText with fragments :
>> ImplicitRuntimeFragment, ImplicitUiFragment, GrammarAccessFragment,
>> EcoreGeneratorFragment, ParseTreeConstructorFragment,
>> ResourceFactoryFragment, XtextAntlrGeneratorFragment,
>> JavaValidatorFragment, ImportNamespacesScopingFragment,
>> QualifiedNamesFragment, BuilderIntegrationFragment,
>> LabelProviderFragment, TransformerFragment,
>> OutlineNodeAdapterFactoryFragment, QuickOutlineFragment,
>> QuickfixProviderFragment, JavaBasedContentAssistFragment,
>> XtextAntlrUiGeneratorFragment
>> [java] 87906 INFO JavaValidatorFragment - executing generate for
>> org.eclipse.xtext.generator.validation.JavaValidatorFragment
>> [java] 108291 INFO Workflow - Done.
>> Build cancelled.
>> Total time: 2 minutes 22 seconds
>> 

>>
>> as output of running the Ant script. Using Buckminster, I get:
>>
>>
>> init actor:
>> ant[nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources] 
>>
>> buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
>> INFO: [start
>> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>> target.arch=x86
>> (...some more properties...)
>> target.os=linux
>> INFO: [end
>> nl.tue.ciftext.v2x1x1.parser:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>> Doing full workspace refresh
>> Waiting for jobs to end
>> 

>>
>> I would expect the same output as in the Eclipse IDE to appear within
>> the [start...] and [end...] parts, when running from Headless
>> Buckminster, using the ant actor.
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get more output from the ant actor?
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>>
>>
>> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Ehhhh... This one really didn't have any output. Also, echo now did
>>> work, and stack traces do show up...
>>>
>>> sorry about that.
>>>
>>> Dennis
>>>
>>>
>>> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> when using the ant actor, I see output like this:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> init actor: ant[<bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>>> buildFile=xtext.generate.sources.xml
>>>> INFO: [start <bundlename>:osgi.bundle$1.0.0#xtext.generate.sources]
>>>> target.arch=x86
>>>> (...)
>>>> target.os=linux
>>>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>>>
>>>> 

>>>>
>>>> How can I get more output from the ant actor? It seems like the
>>>> output of end is thrown away internally. Normally ant prints things
>>>> like the target being executed, and when it has exceptions I see them
>>>> as well. For this case, it shows only a single line:
>>>>
>>>> [ant] Java Result: 1
>>>>
>>>> what ant did, and what it resulted in. Also, the output of for
>>>> instance the 'echo' task, is not visible when using the ant actor.
>>>> How can I see the stack traces, and all other information useful to
>>>> find out what is going on here?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Dennis
>
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #547878 is a reply to message #547038] Tue, 20 July 2010 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Weber is currently offline Daniel WeberFriend
Messages: 51
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Dennis,

did you find anything? I just wondered about the same thing, as I don't get any
output from the ant actor in headless mode.

In the IDE, I can set an "Ant logger level" in buckminster's preferences as
described in the BuckyBook. I did not find a corresponding option for headless
buckminster/ant.

Regards,
Daniel

On 15.07.2010 08:48, Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> OK. Thanks, I'll take a look.
>
> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #547890 is a reply to message #546874] Tue, 20 July 2010 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David  is currently offline David Friend
Messages: 88
Registered: July 2009
Member
doesn't

this work?

--displaystacktrace
Also prints the stack trace in case of an exception.

-L <loglevel>
--loglevel <loglevel>
Set log level to one of NONE, ERROR, WARNING, INFO, or DEBUG.

/Dave
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #547910 is a reply to message #547890] Tue, 20 July 2010 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Weber is currently offline Daniel WeberFriend
Messages: 51
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi David,

David wrote:
> [...]
> -L <loglevel>
> --loglevel <loglevel>
> Set log level to one of NONE, ERROR, WARNING, INFO, or DEBUG.

This only changes buckminster's own log level. I did not find a way to set the
ant actor's log level, which seems to be treated separately. Having the possibility
to also change ant's log level would help for example to track down problems that
only occur when running a build headlessly.

As a workaround, one can open buckminster's workspace using the IDE, set a log level in the preferences and then run the headless build again. Tedious, but it works.

Couldn't buckminster's setpreference command be used for this?

Regards,
Daniel
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #547946 is a reply to message #547910] Tue, 20 July 2010 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Messages: 3229
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
There's an enhancement request for this already. I suggest we continue the discussion there.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294440

- thomas

On 07/20/2010 09:24 AM, Daniel Weber wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> David wrote:
>> [...]
>> -L <loglevel>
>> --loglevel <loglevel>
>> Set log level to one of NONE, ERROR, WARNING, INFO, or DEBUG.
>
> This only changes buckminster's own log level. I did not find a way to
> set the ant actor's log level, which seems to be treated separately.
> Having the possibility to also change ant's log level would help for
> example to track down problems that only occur when running a build
> headlessly.
>
> As a workaround, one can open buckminster's workspace using the IDE, set
> a log level in the preferences and then run the headless build again.
> Tedious, but it works.
>
> Couldn't buckminster's setpreference command be used for this?
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #632009 is a reply to message #547878] Mon, 11 October 2010 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

Hi all,

it kind of seems like the <echo...> task does give output in the current
version of Buckminster (Headless version, stable version, installed
today). However, <copy ... verbose="true"> doesn't... (and yes, I'm sure
that it actually copies files)

Does anyone know if this is a bug?

Dennis


Daniel Weber wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> did you find anything? I just wondered about the same thing, as I don't get any
> output from the ant actor in headless mode.
>
> In the IDE, I can set an "Ant logger level" in buckminster's preferences as
> described in the BuckyBook. I did not find a corresponding option for headless
> buckminster/ant.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
>
> On 15.07.2010 08:48, Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>> OK. Thanks, I'll take a look.
>>
>> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #632047 is a reply to message #632009] Mon, 11 October 2010 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Weber is currently offline Daniel WeberFriend
Messages: 51
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Dennis,

as stated in the bug report Thomas mentioned (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294440
), you currently cannot set ant's log level from the command line, so you're stuck with the default.

As a workaround, you can do this:

- Open the workspace used for the headless build in the IDE
- Go to Window -> Preferences -> Buckminster
- Set ant's log level (e.g. to DEBUG)
- Close the IDE
- Start the headless build using the same workspace

==> Ant should now use the log level you just configured.

You could actually put this into a "template workspace" to use for headless builds.
Or check which file the corresponding preference is stored in and modify it manually:

<workspace> \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.e clipse.buckminster.runtime.prefs
==>
logLevelAntLogger=3

Values range from 0==DEBUG to 3==ERROR.

Regards,
Daniel

Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> it kind of seems like the <echo...> task does give output in the current
> version of Buckminster (Headless version, stable version, installed
> today). However, <copy ... verbose="true"> doesn't... (and yes, I'm sure
> that it actually copies files)
>
> Does anyone know if this is a bug?
>
> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #632199 is a reply to message #632047] Tue, 12 October 2010 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dhendriksREMOVE_THIS.tueREMOVE.THIS.nl

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your detailed answer!

One more thing: maybe the default is 'wrong' then? If I use an <echo...>
or <copy ... verbose="true"> you would expect output in the default
setting, right? It is nice that you can set it to full debugging, or
errors only, but you would expect the default mode to have output in
those cases, or are there other considerations that I haven't thought of?

Thanks,
Dennis


Daniel Weber wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> as stated in the bug report Thomas mentioned
> (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294440
> ), you currently cannot set ant's log level from the command line, so
> you're stuck with the default.
> As a workaround, you can do this:
>
> - Open the workspace used for the headless build in the IDE
> - Go to Window -> Preferences -> Buckminster
> - Set ant's log level (e.g. to DEBUG)
> - Close the IDE
> - Start the headless build using the same workspace
>
> ==> Ant should now use the log level you just configured.
>
> You could actually put this into a "template workspace" to use for
> headless builds.
> Or check which file the corresponding preference is stored in and modify
> it manually:
>
> <workspace> \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.e clipse.buckminster.runtime.prefs
>
> ==>
> logLevelAntLogger=3
>
> Values range from 0==DEBUG to 3==ERROR.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel
> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it kind of seems like the <echo...> task does give output in the
>> current version of Buckminster (Headless version, stable version,
>> installed today). However, <copy ... verbose="true"> doesn't... (and
>> yes, I'm sure that it actually copies files)
>>
>> Does anyone know if this is a bug?
>>
>> Dennis
Re: How to see the Ant output when using the ant actor [message #632863 is a reply to message #632199] Thu, 14 October 2010 13:59 Go to previous message
Daniel Weber is currently offline Daniel WeberFriend
Messages: 51
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Dennis,

hm, I guess no matter which value they chose as default, it would always seem wrong to someone ;)
From what you wrote, it seems that the default log level is WARNING (keeps build logs short).

The copy task's verbose option just decides whether it issues messages for every file being copied.
Whether or no these messages are printed to the log/console is up to the logger to decide (based
on the log level).

I think this would not be such a problem if we could just set the log level on the command line,
as described in the bug report. Maybe it would make sense to apply the -L switch to all loggers
instead of only buckminster. But that's a discussion for https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294440

Regards,
Daniel

Dennis Hendriks wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanks for your detailed answer!
>
> One more thing: maybe the default is 'wrong' then? If I use an <echo...>
> or <copy ... verbose="true"> you would expect output in the default
> setting, right? It is nice that you can set it to full debugging, or
> errors only, but you would expect the default mode to have output in
> those cases, or are there other considerations that I haven't thought of?
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis
>
>
> Daniel Weber wrote:
>> Hi Dennis,
>>
>> as stated in the bug report Thomas mentioned
>> (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=294440
>> ), you currently cannot set ant's log level from the command line, so
>> you're stuck with the default.
>> As a workaround, you can do this:
>>
>> - Open the workspace used for the headless build in the IDE
>> - Go to Window -> Preferences -> Buckminster
>> - Set ant's log level (e.g. to DEBUG)
>> - Close the IDE
>> - Start the headless build using the same workspace
>>
>> ==> Ant should now use the log level you just configured.
>>
>> You could actually put this into a "template workspace" to use for
>> headless builds.
>> Or check which file the corresponding preference is stored in and
>> modify it manually:
>>
>>
>> <workspace> \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.e clipse.buckminster.runtime.prefs
>>
>> ==>
>> logLevelAntLogger=3
>>
>> Values range from 0==DEBUG to 3==ERROR.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel
>> Dennis Hendriks wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> it kind of seems like the <echo...> task does give output in the
>>> current version of Buckminster (Headless version, stable version,
>>> installed today). However, <copy ... verbose="true"> doesn't... (and
>>> yes, I'm sure that it actually copies files)
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if this is a bug?
>>>
>>> Dennis
Previous Topic:Two branding issues resolved...
Next Topic:One or more certificates rejected. Cannot proceed with installation.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Nov 23 12:27:11 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02577 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software