Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios
chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #543288] Tue, 29 June 2010 00:08 Go to next message
Michael Xia is currently offline Michael XiaFriend
I'm running an issue when install from an existing update site using run.director with Eclipse 3.6 as the base. The following error occurs:

run.director:
[java] Installing com.aptana.feature.feature.group 3.0.0.1277763677-8L48b9L6sY5d_0ee040234987747.
[java] Installation failed.
[java] !SESSION 2010-06-28 23:55:07.357 -----------------------------------------------
[java] eclipse.buildId=I20100608-0911
[java] java.version=1.6.0_03
[java] java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
[java] BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
[java] Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -metadataRepository file:/var/update-site/update/development/red-core -artifactRepository file:/var/update-site/update/development/red-core -installIU com.aptana.feature.feature.group
[java] Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director -consoleLog -metadataRepository file:/var/update-site/update/development/red-core -artifactRepository file:/var/update-site/update/development/red-core -installIU com.aptana.feature.feature.group
[java]
[java] !ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2010-06-28 23:55:33.711
[java] !MESSAGE An error occurred while installing the items
[java] !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2010-06-28 23:55:33.711
[java] !MESSAGE session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.aptana.terminal 1.0.0.1277427263, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.ac tions.ChmodAction).
[java] !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives 4 0 2010-06-28 23:55:33.712
[java] !MESSAGE The action chmod failed - file @artifact/os/linux/x86/redtty does not exist
[java] An error occurred while installing the items
[java] session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.aptana.terminal 1.0.0.1277427263, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.ac tions.ChmodAction).
[java] The action chmod failed - file @artifact/os/linux/x86/redtty does not exist
[java] Application failed, log file location: /var/hudson/workspace/red-core-tests-development/eclipse/con figuration/1277794507652.log
[java] Java Result: 13

Look like @artifact is not being substituted with the correct plugin location, although it was working just fine in Eclipse 3.5.2. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #543294 is a reply to message #543288] Tue, 29 June 2010 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just figured out myself again. Need to use org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.chmod instead of the native one. Interesting that the help page on P2 touchpoint isn't clear on native touchpoint actions being applicable to Eclipse touchpoint actions as well.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #550598 is a reply to message #543294] Sat, 31 July 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Partridge is currently offline Ryan PartridgeFriend
In Eclipse 3.6 (don't know about previous versions), the variable to use for the chmod action instead of @artifact is ${artifact.location}. I had to dig into the p2 source code to find it, but using it in the targetDir parameter worked like a charm.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #552812 is a reply to message #550598] Fri, 13 August 2010 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Niefer is currently offline Andrew NieferFriend
There are actually two chmod actions, one in the eclipse touchpoint, the
other in the natives touchpoint.

The one in the eclipse touchpoint supports the @artifact, the other doesn't.
You can use a fully qualified name to distinguish between the two, which I
think would be
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.chmod
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.chmod

Ryan Partridge wrote:

> In Eclipse 3.6 (don't know about previous versions), the variable to use
> for the chmod action instead of @artifact is ${artifact.location}. I had
> to dig into the p2 source code to find it, but using it in the targetDir
> parameter worked like a charm.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #606204 is a reply to message #543288] Tue, 29 June 2010 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just figured out myself again. Need to use org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.chmod instead of the native one. Interesting that the help page on P2 touchpoint isn't clear on native touchpoint actions being applicable to Eclipse touchpoint actions as well.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #606399 is a reply to message #543294] Sat, 31 July 2010 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan Partridge is currently offline Ryan PartridgeFriend
In Eclipse 3.6 (don't know about previous versions), the variable to use for the chmod action instead of @artifact is ${artifact.location}. I had to dig into the p2 source code to find it, but using it in the targetDir parameter worked like a charm.
Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #606463 is a reply to message #606399] Fri, 13 August 2010 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Niefer is currently offline Andrew NieferFriend

think would be

Ryan Partridge wrote:

Re: chmod touchpoint failed with @artifact not substituted in Helios [message #677557 is a reply to message #606463] Wed, 08 June 2011 20:17 Go to previous message
John P. Petrakis is currently offline John P. PetrakisFriend
Andrew Niefer wrote on Fri, 13 August 2010 11:44

think would be

Ryan Partridge wrote:

For sure (because I just tried it) ${artifact.location} does not work in eclipse 3.4.
BTW: this is a most useful thread since the example for chmod'ding at this link:

xxxx://help.eclipse.org/helios/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_actions_touchpoints.html

(xxxx because it won't let me do a link... sorry)

Has utterly ZERO chance of working since it uses @artifact along with ...touchpoint.natives.chmod. Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2011 20:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Headless build without workspace
Next Topic:How to run JUnit Plug-in Test via Ant outside Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:56:54 GMT 2024