Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » Graphical Development of ATL(How should we set up the AMW development environment?)
Graphical Development of ATL [message #541685] Tue, 22 June 2010 08:09 Go to next message
Izaak van Niekerk is currently offline Izaak van NiekerkFriend
I need a graphical development tool to develop ATL files in some automatic way as we've been writing them by hand up to now. We're in the process of transforming all our old ecore models to a new version and foresee this happening quite frequently in the future. As our ecore model is quite big and the ATL mappings between the different models will take ages to do manually, we've been hoping to use AMW's weaving model to help us do this in an easier and hopefully quicker way.

I've tried following the Persons2PersonsNewUserGuide, but
without any success. I downloaded the AM3 source as well as the latest ATL source. According to the link for the AMW code, I am referred to the actual binary and simply copy-pasted these into the plugins folder of our Eclipse installation. Which I should probably mention is Eclipse 3.5 Modeling Incubation copy as it already contains the EMF plugins. Should I have downloaded Eclipse 3.2.2?

When I launch a run configuration, I am unable to create any Weaver models as there is no such option in the Create New Wizard?

The documentation didn't say which versions of AM3, ATL and AMW I should be downloading? Is it okay to download ATL 3.0 or should it be 2.1?

I need help urgently. I have been spending more than 3 days non-stop trying to get the development environment working for generating the ATL tranformation files instead of spending time on doing the actual mappings.

Can you please please help me? Maybe also confirm that we're on the right track using AMW?
[ATL][AML] Graphical Development of ATL [message #541698 is a reply to message #541685] Tue, 22 June 2010 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kelly Garces is currently offline Kelly GarcesFriend
Hi Izaak,

> I need a graphical development tool to develop ATL files in some
> automatic way as we've been writing them by hand up to now.

As you know AMW allows to generate transformations from weaving models.
AML (the AtlanMod Matching Language) takes advantage of AMW in this
sense. AML executes a step prior to the transformation generation (i.e.,
matching). The step purpose is to derive the mappings in a
semi-automatic way. You may want to use AML to get a first version of
mappings, and then refine the mappings using the AMW GUI.

I do not know if there exist an AMW version working on ATL 3.0. You
could get this information from the AMW newsgroup.

The current AML version works on ATL 3.0. So you need to install ATL 3.0
and the test versions of the AML plugins which are available here:
http://docatlanmod.emn.fr/AML/Plugins/
The AML wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/AML
I suggest you take a look to the AML demo:
http://www.eclipse.org/m2m/atl/usecases/ModelAdaptation/AMLE dited_1024x720.htm

Cheers,

--
Kelly Garces - Phd. student
AtlanMod & AsCoLa research teams
École des Mines de Nantes
4, rue Alfred Kastler
44307 Nantes Cedex 3 - France
Re: [ATL][AML] Graphical Development of ATL [message #541702 is a reply to message #541698] Tue, 22 June 2010 09:15 Go to previous message
Izaak van Niekerk is currently offline Izaak van NiekerkFriend
Hi Kelly

This is extremely useful information and AML sounds exactly like what we need. I will start researching this immediately.

Thank you for this!

Previous Topic:[ATL] How to obtain all the subclasses of a class?
Next Topic:[ATL] Problem with defining global variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:19:02 GMT 2024