Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How can I get all TableHandle object form ReportDesignHandle?
How can I get all TableHandle object form ReportDesignHandle? [message #541370] Sun, 20 June 2010 14:19 Go to next message
Mehrab is currently offline MehrabFriend
Hi all

I want to add dynamic highlights in table cells and rows using BIRT DE api. I have a .rptdesign file with 3 tables. Please help me to get all TableHandle object form ReportDesignHandle object. I am using BIRT 2.5.1.

Thanks in advance.

Mehrab
Re: How can I get all TableHandle object form ReportDesignHandle? [message #541387 is a reply to message #541370] Sun, 20 June 2010 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Ward is currently offline John WardFriend
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/11/birt-dynamic-adding-tab les-and-columns.html

http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/05/birt-strong-suit-is-in- realm-of-online.html

Be sure to read the comments in the second link, it has an update for the BIRT 2.3+ series.

The same principle will apply. You will use a factory to create a highlight/sort/filter/etc. Then you apply the new object to your table/list.
Re: How can I get all TableHandle object form ReportDesignHandle? [message #541482 is a reply to message #541387] Mon, 21 June 2010 10:12 Go to previous message
Mehrab is currently offline MehrabFriend
John

Thank your for quick reply. I saw your suggested link but links are not 100% helpful for me. I am working in a web based dynamic reporting tools. A user can create a report with several tables and grids and their number of columns and row are also dynamic. To add a highlight rule in my reports I need list of TableHandle object and GridHandle object available in my ReportDesignHandle object. Is their any method or way that return list of TableHandle object or list of GridHandle object? Then I will find my suitable row and cell and add the highlight rule.

Thank you.

Mehrab
Previous Topic:Create data set to MS Access db
Next Topic:Logging from EventHandler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:34:38 GMT 2024