Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic
Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic [message #541149] Fri, 18 June 2010 12:58 Go to next message
Karsten Panier is currently offline Karsten PanierFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi all,

We have a composite with an background image and place widgetes like
labels and checkboxes on that composite. With the command:

cmp.setBackgroundMode(SWT.INHERIT_DEFAULT);

the widgets use the background from the composite.

This works on windows xp machines with an windows xp theme goood. If the
user switches to the windows classic theme buttons like checkboxes and
radiobuttens have grey background.

Has somebody any idea to fix this problem?

tanks
karsten
Re: Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic [message #541536 is a reply to message #541149] Mon, 21 June 2010 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lakshmi ShanmugamFriend
Messages: 274
Registered: July 2009
Location: India
Senior Member
Hi,
You can set the background mode to SWT.INHERIT_FORCE and see if works for you.
I would suggest logging a bug report under SWT for the behavior you are seeing. You can do it here --> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform &component=SWT

Thanks,


Lakshmi P Shanmugam
Re: Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic [message #541633 is a reply to message #541536] Mon, 21 June 2010 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Panier is currently offline Karsten PanierFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
On 06/21/2010 03:36 PM, Lakshmi Shanmugam wrote:
> Hi,
> You can set the background mode to SWT.INHERIT_FORCE and see if works
> for you.
> I would suggest logging a bug report under SWT for the behavior you are
> seeing. You can do it here -->
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform &component=SWT
>
> Thanks,
Hi,

thanks it works with INHERIT_FORCE.
I'll create a bug report, thanks

karsten
Re: Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic [message #541659 is a reply to message #541633] Tue, 22 June 2010 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Krügler is currently offline Daniel KrüglerFriend
Messages: 853
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 21.06.2010 22:52, Karsten Panier wrote:
> On 06/21/2010 03:36 PM, Lakshmi Shanmugam wrote:
>> Hi,
>> You can set the background mode to SWT.INHERIT_FORCE and see if works
>> for you.
>> I would suggest logging a bug report under SWT for the behavior you are
>> seeing. You can do it here -->
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform &component=SWT
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
> Hi,
>
> thanks it works with INHERIT_FORCE.
> I'll create a bug report, thanks

Please don't forget to announce the corresponding bug id, such that
others can contribute or vote for it!

Greetings from Bremen,

Daniel Krügler
Re: Backgorund mdoe inherit doesn't work with windoes theme classic [message #541956 is a reply to message #541659] Wed, 23 June 2010 11:19 Go to previous message
Karsten Panier is currently offline Karsten PanierFriend
Messages: 57
Registered: July 2009
Member
On 06/22/2010 07:33 AM, Daniel Krügler wrote:
> On 21.06.2010 22:52, Karsten Panier wrote:
>> On 06/21/2010 03:36 PM, Lakshmi Shanmugam wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> You can set the background mode to SWT.INHERIT_FORCE and see if works
>>> for you.
>>> I would suggest logging a bug report under SWT for the behavior you are
>>> seeing. You can do it here -->
>>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform &component=SWT
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks it works with INHERIT_FORCE.
>> I'll create a bug report, thanks
>
> Please don't forget to announce the corresponding bug id, such that
> others can contribute or vote for it!
>
> Greetings from Bremen,
>
> Daniel Krügler
>
The bug id is: Bug 317681

greetings from Hamburg,

karsten
Previous Topic:Missing imported package
Next Topic:Mousewheel scrolling with "autofocus"
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 01:40:38 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04253 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software