Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Working Groups » Pulsar » L10n encoding problem
L10n encoding problem [message #541106] Fri, 18 June 2010 07:34 Go to next message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
I have Pulsar version 1.2.2.20100216-1730 and Eclipse default encoding is set to UTF-8.

When i look at properties of a messages_xx-XX.properties file the encoding is set to UTF-8 but when I open the file in editor it is not UTF-8. Notepad ++ tells me that text encoding of that file is ANSI.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

A post related to this:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=45943 8
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #541128 is a reply to message #541106] Fri, 18 June 2010 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
Problem solved by installing new version of Pulsar (Helios).
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #543700 is a reply to message #541106] Wed, 30 June 2010 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
I still have to change the row 203 in L10nResources.java

reader = new InputStreamReader(stream);

->

reader = new InputStreamReader(stream, "UTF-8");


to make UTF-8 work with emulator. And when I do a clean build I have to change it again.
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #544508 is a reply to message #541106] Fri, 02 July 2010 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Interesting, on what OS do you see UTF-8 as default?
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #548003 is a reply to message #544508] Tue, 20 July 2010 07:35 Go to previous message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
My OS is Windows XP.

I have set UTF-8 to be the default encoding of Eclipse.

Eclipse -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> Text file encoding: Default (UTF-8)

And the encoding of my messages_fi-FI.properties is set to UTF-8 as well.

Now the scandinavian characters are shown like this on the emulator:
ä = ä
ö = ö

So L10nResources.java does not use UTF-8 encoding when it reads the file.

By debugging I found out that on line 206 in L10nResources.java the reader uses Cp1252 encoding.

In my last message I told how this can be fixed.
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #574834 is a reply to message #541106] Fri, 18 June 2010 08:39 Go to previous message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
Problem solved by installing new version of Pulsar (Helios).
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #574852 is a reply to message #541106] Wed, 30 June 2010 06:58 Go to previous message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
I still have to change the row 203 in L10nResources.java

reader = new InputStreamReader(stream);

->

reader = new InputStreamReader(stream, "UTF-8");

to make UTF-8 work with emulator. And when I do a clean build I have to change it again.
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #574881 is a reply to message #541106] Fri, 02 July 2010 22:01 Go to previous message
Werner Keil is currently offline Werner Keil
Messages: 1083
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Interesting, on what OS do you see UTF-8 as default?
Re: L10n encoding problem [message #574921 is a reply to message #544508] Tue, 20 July 2010 07:35 Go to previous message
mkonji is currently offline mkonji
Messages: 8
Registered: June 2010
Junior Member
My OS is Windows XP.

I have set UTF-8 to be the default encoding of Eclipse.

Eclipse -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace -> Text file encoding: Default (UTF-8)

And the encoding of my messages_fi-FI.properties is set to UTF-8 as well.

Now the scandinavian characters are shown like this on the emulator:
ä = ä
ö = ö

So L10nResources.java does not use UTF-8 encoding when it reads the file.

By debugging I found out that on line 206 in L10nResources.java the reader uses Cp1252 encoding.

In my last message I told how this can be fixed.
Previous Topic:Extraction of zip file during SDK install
Next Topic:Cannot complete the install because some dependencies are not satisfiable
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Jul 25 05:01:58 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02333 seconds