Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome(Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome)
Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome [message #540205] Tue, 15 June 2010 11:32 Go to next message
renuka is currently offline renukaFriend
I have a html welcome page that displays when my rcp application is restarted, but is blank when started using Help->Welcome, or when the the application is run the first time. Anyone has suggestions on where to start?
Re: Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome [message #541221 is a reply to message #540205] Fri, 18 June 2010 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Goldthorpe is currently offline Chris GoldthorpeFriend
renuka wrote on Tue, 15 June 2010 07:32
I have a html welcome page that displays when my rcp application is restarted, but is blank when started using Help->Welcome, or when the the application is run the first time. Anyone has suggestions on where to start?

First I would see if there are any error messages in the log. which is in /metadata/.log under your workspace area on disk. You have probably already looked there so the next step would be start debugging - if your intro is based on CustomizableIntroPart then that is the place to set breakpoints. Intro shows a different page depending on whether or not the intro part is maximized or not.

org.eclipse.ui.intro.config.CustomizableIntroPart.standbySta teChanged(boolean) is the first place I would set a breakpoint.
Re: Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome [message #541887 is a reply to message #541221] Tue, 22 June 2010 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I added the following lines to override openIntro() behaviour, and that seems to do the trick:
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getIntroManager().showIntro(null, false);
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getIntroManager().getIntro().stand byStateChanged(false);
Re: Welcome page blank when started with Help->Welcome [message #624191 is a reply to message #541221] Tue, 22 June 2010 23:33 Go to previous message
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I added the following lines to override openIntro() behaviour, and that seems to do the trick:
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getIntroManager().showIntro(null, false);
PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getIntroManager().getIntro().stand byStateChanged(false);
Previous Topic:Cheat Sheets in Menu
Next Topic:Change the order of plug-ins in table of content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:51:28 GMT 2024