Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Adding shared library like gtkmm(How we can add shared libraries like gtkmm to project)
Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #536404] Fri, 28 May 2010 04:35 Go to next message
Hamed Mohammadi is currently offline Hamed MohammadiFriend

Hi
How we can add shared libraries like gtkmm to project?

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2010 04:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #536621 is a reply to message #536404] Fri, 28 May 2010 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Overholt is currently offline Andrew OverholtFriend
Hi,

On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:05:06 +0430, Hamed Mohammadi
<hamed.obaidy@gmail.com> wrote:
> How we can add shared libraries like gtkmm to project?

What type of project? An autotools, managed build, or standard
build?

Andrew
Re: Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #536622 is a reply to message #536404] Fri, 28 May 2010 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Overholt is currently offline Andrew OverholtFriend
Hi,

On Fri, 28 May 2010 09:05:06 +0430, Hamed Mohammadi
<hamed.obaidy@gmail.com> wrote:
> How we can add shared libraries like gtkmm to project?

What type of project? An autotools, managed build, or standard
build?

Andrew
Re: Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #631444 is a reply to message #536404] Thu, 07 October 2010 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian  is currently offline Sebastian Friend
I know this is an old thread but i've got exactly the same question and couldnt find an answer.

As i'm just starting to fully understand automake and autoconfig this may be my main issue.

Anyway, i would like to add a shared library to my project. This is an autotools project and everything is up to date.

Furthermore, i'm able to compile and link code without using autotools, but within eclipse/autotools, i havent succeeded to add a reference to the installed shared library.

Sebastian
Re: Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #667858 is a reply to message #631444] Mon, 02 May 2011 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Yes, i need know exactly same thing.

I am starting with eclipse and automake, autoconf...

Can eclipse use automake and autoconf to compile a gtkmm project?

Or i need create the makefile manually? (what is very hard for me).

Thanks!

PS. Sorry my english errors, i don´t speak english very well.
Re: Adding shared library like gtkmm [message #669291 is a reply to message #667858] Mon, 09 May 2011 19:05 Go to previous message
Jeff Johnston is currently offline Jeff JohnstonFriend
Yes, autotools are supported via the Linux Tools Autotools plugin.

If you have an existing project that uses Autotools, import your code from your source repository via CVS, SVN, Git, or whatever and during the import select to use the New Project Wizard.

Select C or C++, depending on what the project uses and there you should see a variety of project types. Select GNU Autotools Project and under that category, select Empty Project (as opposed to Hello World project).

You can also choose to do the checkout or import separate and after-the-fact convert the project over. Select File->New Project->C/C++->Convert to Autotools Project.

You can just build the project after that using the default configuration or if you need to set configuration options, go to Project->Properties->Autotools->Configure Settings.

From the Project menu you can Reconfigure if needed or run any of the various autotools supported: autoconf, automake, aclocal, autoreconf, autoheader, or libtoolize.

Regarding using a shared library you have installed, this requires you to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH at run time. This can be done via the Run Configurations... dialog. There will be a tab call Environment that you can set environment variables to be used in running or debugging your C or C++ project.
Previous Topic:Problem with Oprofile Plugin using Consolehelper
Next Topic:Autotools in Windows?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:01:22 GMT 2024