|InvocationTargetException when calling service methods [message #534835]
||Thu, 20 May 2010 09:28
| Tim Shelley
Registered: July 2009
I've used Eclipse 3.5.1 with WTP to develop some webservices and some server and client side JUnit tests. I developed it using the Tomcat that runs inside Eclipse and all my test green bar. So I decided to create a war file of the server WebContents and deploy it to another Tomcat installation. This installation is on the same machine so the URL does not change.
My problem is that when I now run my client junit tests I now get the following exception:
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContex t(Utils.java:512)
The service method I call returns an object. I've looked in the deployed war and the class is there. I'm wondering why it works when Tomcat runs in Eclipse but not when I run it in a separate Tomcat. Have I missed something out when creating the war - I just archive the Webcontents directory.
Thanks in advance.
|Re: InvocationTargetException when calling service methods [message #535209 is a reply to message #535199]
||Fri, 21 May 2010 11:00
| Larry Isaacs
Registered: July 2009
Tim Shelley wrote:|
> Hi Larry,
> Thanks, but I've already delved into the depths of
> org.eclipse.wst.server.core to see if I could spot any differences with
> folder and files everything seems to be there. I did a quick look to see
> if the files and folder count and the total size differ. But both are
> Thanks for the WTP FAQ link, I will read through that to see if it
> shines any light on my issue.
> I've not had this issue with other web service projects I written in
> WTP, this seems to be the first one to give me issues so I do not fully
> understand why...
Since they are running in separate instances of Tomcat, it is certainly
possible for their "configurations" to diverge. If you think there
could be changes to your installed Tomcat instance, you could try
creating a "fresh" Tomcat from a binary zip. Then create a new server
in Eclipse and try your project with the new Tomcat inside Eclipse and
outside of Eclipse. If your project works in both Tomcats, then it
would confirm there is something different in your original Tomcat.
I haven't worked that much with Axis2, but I would guess that the
InvocationTargetException is just a symptom of the "real" problem. You
might have to check the Tomcat logs to see if any additional clues are
showing up there.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01771 seconds