Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Standalone help / user assistance(Minimal RCP for presenting the Standalone help only.)
Standalone help / user assistance [message #532778] Tue, 11 May 2010 08:36
Richard Pineger is currently offline Richard PinegerFriend
Hi all,

I have limited experience of Java and I'm trying to create an RCP that simply launches an existing Java program in a plugin. Here is the batch script that does the job:

set CLASSPATH=%EH_DIR%plugins\org.eclipse.help.base_3.4.0.v20090 9170800.jar;%CLASSPATH%

java org.eclipse.help.standalone.Help -clean -command displayHelp

I believe I need an RCP because the start batch script requires an equivalent stop script in order to shutdown the Jetty http server as well as the presentation classes. If the user simply clicks the X in the top right corner, they are left with a javaw.exe process running.

I created a simple program by following the instructions in here:
Platform Plug-in Developer Guide > Programmer's Guide > User assistance support > Help > Configuration/setup > Standalone help > How to call the help classes from Java. But then I got stuck with creating and exporting products etc.

Can anyone suggest an approach that might work? Should I start by hacking the org.eclipse.help.standalone classes?

Thanks in advance,
Richard
Previous Topic:Reuse the save, new, print toolbar set
Next Topic:Remove unused menu options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 22 10:29:06 GMT 2014