Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Installing agent controller on Tomcat6
Installing agent controller on Tomcat6 [message #532342] Sat, 08 May 2010 15:42 Go to next message
Olivier is currently offline OlivierFriend
Hello,

I would like to try the TPTP plugin under eclipse. I have a tomcat6 server running on Ubuntu 9.10, hosting a web application. The server is running fine.

I downloaded an agent controller and unziped it in /home/tomcat/agent_controller.

The I added a few lines in the tomcat startup script /etc/init.d/tomcat6 :

export TPTP_AC_HOME=/home/tomcat/agent_controller
export JAVA_PROFILER_HOME=$TPTP_AC_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.ja vaprofiler
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$JAVA_PROFILER_HOME:$TPTP_AC_HOME/lib "
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled\;GCProf"

When I run the startup script, I fails. I got the following error message in /var/log/syslog:

jsvc.exec[5301]: Error occurred during initialization of VM
jsvc.exec[5301]: Could not find agent library on the library path or in the local directory: JPIBootLoader

I believe java fails to load my /home/tomcat/agent_controller/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.javap rofiler/libJPIBootLoader.so. I think my LD_LIBRARY_PATH is ok, but I'm not sure this environment variable is really transmitted. I also tried to replace -agentlib by -agentpath and write directly the .so path, but it didn't work either.

I also temporarly set all /home/tomcat permissions to 777, so I'm sure the libJPIBootLoader.so can be accessed.

A little help would be greatly appreciated !
Thank you in advance.
Re: Installing agent controller on Tomcat6 [message #532646 is a reply to message #532342] Mon, 10 May 2010 16:17 Go to previous message
Jonathan West is currently offline Jonathan WestFriend
Hi Olivier,

As you may have guessed, the error message you are seeing is due to the environment variables not being set properly:

Try with the following environment:

export TPTP_AC_HOME=/home/tomcat/agent_controller
export JAVA_PROFILER_HOME=$TPTP_AC_HOME/plugins/org.eclipse.tptp.ja vaprofiler
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$JAVA_PROFILER_HOME:$TPTP_A C_HOME/lib
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -agentlib:JPIBootLoader=JPIAgent:server=enabled\;CGProf"

I have removed spaces, and quotation marks, and updated 'GCProf' to CGProf. You may need to adjust the semicolons, quotation marks and backslashes on your JAVA_OPTS line such that they are interpreted properly by Linux.
Previous Topic:TPTP with hibernate
Next Topic:Getting Started Documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:03:08 GMT 2024