|Language keys in plugin.xml are not found when plugin is installed [message #531528]
||Wed, 05 May 2010 10:49
Registered: March 2010
I am creating an ODA Driver plugin and a UI plugin for the BIRT extension to eclipse.
My plugins both work as expected when eclipse starts up another eclipse application where I can then test the plugins I am developing. However, when I install my plugins into an Eclipse application and then start it from a Windows shortcut, the plugins work but and language keys specified in the plugin.xml files are not found.
Hence, for example, in my plugin.xml file for the ODA Driver plugin I set the attributes 'id' to '%oda.data.source.id' and the data source 'defaultDisplayName' to '%data.source.name'.
I then, in a file 'language.properties', have defined the values for both of these keys (where the keys don't have the preceeding % character).
Since 'language' is not the default name for the properties file I went into the manifest for both plugins and changed the 'Bundle-Localization' attribute to 'language'. The language file is located in the root directory of both of my plugins.
The properties file is definitely found, since I use the two language files to store other strings used by the plugins, looked up using a java ResourceBundle. The strings are always found whether the plugins are run from Eclipse application loading another, or when properly installed in the dropins/plugins directory of an Eclipse application.
When running the plugins that have been installed into the dropins/plugins directory of an Eclipse application, the wizard for creating my ODA data source names is as '%data.source.name' and saves the data source in the rptdesign (XML) file with an ID of '%oda.data.source.id'.
Why are the installed plugins not finding language keys reference in the plugin.xml files? There are not errors in the logs and the language.properties files are clearly accessible...
Thanks in advance.
I have now managed to successfully add the Driver plugin to my web application that is integrated with BIRT. I have created a servlet that renders a report design file. For it to sucessfully render a report design file using my custom ODA data source I need to modify the rptdesign xml file so that the data source ID is no longer '%oda.data.source.id; but the value that is found in my language.properties. Which implies, once my plugin is deployed it is working...just not when installed at a plugin in Eclipse!
I have also found this bug report though not sur eif it is relevant:
[Updated on: Wed, 05 May 2010 12:42]
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02781 seconds