Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » DSDP - Tools for Mobile Linux (TML) » Embedded Linux with Eclipse as the IDE
icon5.gif  Embedded Linux with Eclipse as the IDE [message #531153] Mon, 03 May 2010 22:13
Daniel  is currently offline Daniel Friend
Hi, all!

I am a newbie to the embedded linux world. Forgive me if my question is too easy. Razz

Currently, I am working on a Marvell PXA300 ARMV4I device. I wanna switch the OS from WinCE to embedded Linux and that device does support Linux kernel 2.6.21. Because I developed an application program using Java for Android system with Eclipse as an IDE before, I still wanna develop Java application for embedded linux with Eclipse as an IDE as well.

However, after I googled and searched the website, I did not find any guidance or clue that could teach me how to develop Java application for eLinux using Eclipse. All I found is to teach me how to develop application with CDT. If I could use Java, I really want to use Java to develop application. So, is there a way to develop Java application for eLinux with Eclipse?

If that is not available now, is it difficult to develop application which is similar to Windows Form on embedded linux using C/C++? Which plug-in do I need to have to develop applications like that using C/C++?

Thanks a lot!!!

Dan

Previous Topic:Extension Point for New VNC Connections
Next Topic:Embedded Linux with Eclipse as the IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:11:42 GMT 2024