Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » p2 system finds new version but no updates
p2 system finds new version but no updates [message #530562] Fri, 30 April 2010 07:51 Go to next message
Bernd van Velsen is currently offline Bernd van VelsenFriend
Hello

I am struggling with the P2 update system for about 2 weeks now and I'm totally stuck, so I am hoping someone can finally help me...

I have maden RCP application with about 10 plug-ins. But eacht plug-in has several dependencies from third parties and eclipse. So my feature is based on my 10 plug-ins + about 100 extra plug-ins that I didn't make.

Each of the 10 plug-ins that i made is version 1.0.0.qualifier and the rest are the version numbers of the plug-in providers...

Now I create an executable from from my product and for testing purposes when the exe is created i change one of my plug ins and give it version 1.0.1.qualifier and my feature also gets version 1.0.1.qualifier. After I did that I create a deployable feature from my feature...

When i test my exe it has version 1.0.0.<qualifier> like expected, So I try to update it. This is where it gets wrong.

It doesn't find version 1.0.1.<qualifier>. So I try to "find new software". There it DOES find version 1.0.1.<qualifier> but when I try to install it it tells me that it is allready installed and that an update will be performed. But It doesn't find the update....

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Hopefully someone can help me...

Thanks alot

Re: p2 system finds new version but no updates [message #530564 is a reply to message #530562] Fri, 30 April 2010 08:05 Go to previous message
Mathias Zenger is currently offline Mathias ZengerFriend
Hi Bernd

I also was experimenting with P2 and had some problems. Some of them are still unresolved (e.g. self-update of the exported product). However I found some good hints in the following tutorial from Ralf Ebert:

http://www.ralfebert.de/blog/eclipsercp/p2_updates_tutorial/

One thing that could be missing in your test: After increasing the plug-in's version you probably need to replace the old one in your feature (plug-in tab).

Good luck!
Previous Topic:customize perspective switcher context menue
Next Topic:NavigatorContent file extension FilterExpression
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:17:43 GMT 2024