Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Problem with Draw2
Problem with Draw2 [message #530503] Thu, 29 April 2010 20:35 Go to next message
Asma is currently offline AsmaFriend
Hi,
I want to use a custom figure in my graphical définition in which i use the draw2d.StereotypeLabel2 but i have an error while generating the diagram Editor: ''The import org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common.draw2d.StereotypeLabel2 cannot be Resolved''.
Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem.
Thank u in advance.
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530543 is a reply to message #530503] Fri, 30 April 2010 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Wloch is currently offline Robert WlochFriend
Hi Asma,

comments below...

Quote:
Hi,
I want to use a custom figure in my graphical définition in which i use the draw2d.StereotypeLabel2 but i have an error while generating the diagram Editor:

Do you really get this error while generating the diagram or afterwards when eclipse is trying to build the diagram?

Quote:
''The import org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common.draw2d.StereotypeLabel2 cannot be Resolved''.
Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem.
Thank u in advance.

If it is a build problem, then you might need to change the MANIFEST of the diagram plugin and add a dependency to the project containing your custom figure. If that's the case, remember that regenerating the diagram might override your manual changes.

Rob

[Updated on: Fri, 30 April 2010 06:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530636 is a reply to message #530543] Fri, 30 April 2010 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,
First, i want to thank u for replying my question.
In fact, it's a build problem. After generating the diagram, this error appears. So, if u can explain me more how to do the changes in the MANIFEST and what kind of problems i can have if the diagram override the manual change?

Thank u in advance
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530663 is a reply to message #530636] Fri, 30 April 2010 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:
Hi Robert,
First, i want to thank u for replying my question.

You're welcome.
Quote:
In fact, it's a build problem. After generating the diagram, this error appears. So, if u can explain me more how to do the changes in the MANIFEST and what

Do the following:
Use Ctrl+Shift+T to do a type search and look for your "StereotypeLabel2", selected that line (don't double click!) and check in the status line of the search type dialog in which jar archive it is. Then open your gmfgen file and navigate to the node that starts with "Gen Plugin ..." and select "show in properties view" from its context menu. There you'll find "Required Plugin Identifiers". Use the property editor to add the plugin dependency and regenerate the diagram plugin. Sometimes, regenerating the diagram causes even more errors. Because of that, I always delete "old" diagram plugins completely (with delete contents on disk) before a regenerate. And that's why I never mess in the generated code.

In case your Search Type dialog doesn't show the type, you may need to configure the search scope by: Ctrl+3, then type "add all" and run that command. Goto "Do the following" above.

Quote:

kind of problems i can have if the diagram override the manual change?

Well, the change will be gone and you need to add the dependency again.
This can happen even with changes to the gmfgen, which you may need to regenerate as your plugin evolves. Of course, there's GMF's reconciler, but it tends to "forget" settings. For that reason I'm using http://code.google.com/p/gmftools/GmfTools where I can set the dependency in the *.ext file, that is generated (by GmfTools) and used to tweek the gmfgen file.

Rob
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530769 is a reply to message #530663] Fri, 30 April 2010 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank u Robert for all this explanation.

I just have a small if u don't mind. I didn't find the the StereotypeLabel2 in the search type. So, as u told me, i tried to configure the search scope. But, when i typed "add all", i didn't find the command. Can u tell me how to find this command.

Thank u so much in advance.
Asma
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530782 is a reply to message #530769] Fri, 30 April 2010 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to bring up the commands dialog using Ctrl+3.
There you start to type "add" and it will filter the list and show you the command "Add All Plugins to Java Search". Run that and afterwards Ctrl+Shift+T will scan all Plugins in your target configuration when searching types.
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530846 is a reply to message #530782] Sat, 01 May 2010 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Robert, this is exactly what i tried to do. But, i didn't find any command ''Add all plugins to Java Search''.

Is there any solution to find this command??

Thank u in advance.

Asma.
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530898 is a reply to message #530846] Sun, 02 May 2010 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

in the upcome helios release you'll find a check box for that in the preferences for "Java".

I did a quick search and I suppose you'll need to add a dependency to a plugin called "org.eclipse.uml2.diagram" or "org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common". Your StereotypeLabel2 is not part of GMF or GEF/Draw2D but an extension provided by the UML2 project.

Rob
Re: Problem with Draw2 [message #530915 is a reply to message #530898] Sun, 02 May 2010 18:40 Go to previous message
U know Robert,
I checked the plugin dependecies and i found the plugin org.eclipse.uml2.diagram.common in the Required Plug-ins List. So, i can understand that there is a dependency with this plugin right?
But, may be there is a problem with the version???
I don't know.

And in reality, i don't fond the ''upcom helio release'' in the preferences for java. It's because i'm still discovering eclipse, a new user of GMF. Embarrassed

Thank u in advance.

Asma
Previous Topic:How do I add text to notation model only?
Next Topic:Synchronize a GMF editor with a slider
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:29:12 GMT 2024