Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Trying latest MPC?
Trying latest MPC? [message #529618] Mon, 26 April 2010 10:45 Go to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan Herrmann
Messages: 994
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I was going to give the latest version of the MPC a try,
yet I failed:

Installed from http://download.eclipse.org/mpc/repo
(as announced on the project summary page) yields:

  Discovery completed without finding any extensions.
  Please check your network connection and try again


The network connection is OK and there's nothing
in the logs.

Trying to install latest from hudson: downloading
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/epp-mpc-nightly/lastSta bleBuild/artifact/
unzip and try to install yields

  Location must be absolute: %25update.label
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException


FWIW I'm currently on Eclipse I20100423-0906.

What's the recommended way of trying the latest MPC?

thanks,
Stephan
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #529649 is a reply to message #529618] Mon, 26 April 2010 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Green is currently offline David Green
Messages: 135
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Stephan,

Please find answers below:

On 10-04-26 7:45 AM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was going to give the latest version of the MPC a try,
> yet I failed:
>
> Installed from http://download.eclipse.org/mpc/repo
> (as announced on the project summary page) yields:
>
> Discovery completed without finding any extensions.
> Please check your network connection and try again

This is a known problem with initial display of the wizard:

bug 309547: featured/popular URL returns 0 solutions
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309547

If you click on a different tab or do a search, the problem should go away.

> The network connection is OK and there's nothing
> in the logs.
>
> Trying to install latest from hudson: downloading
> https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/epp-mpc-nightly/lastSta bleBuild/artifact/
>
> unzip and try to install yields
>
> Location must be absolute: %25update.label
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException


I'm not sure why you're seeing this problem, I'll look into it. I've created a bug to track this problem. You may want
to CC yourself on the bug:

bug 310480: Installation of the latest build into I20100423-0906 fails with exception
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=310480

Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work: these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes
and may also include untested code. If you want to get the latest and greatest, you can try self-hosting with p2
projects in your workspace, or wait until the next milestone build.

Regards,

David

>
> FWIW I'm currently on Eclipse I20100423-0906.
>
> What's the recommended way of trying the latest MPC?
>
> thanks,
> Stephan
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #529655 is a reply to message #529649] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 04/26/2010 05:55 PM, David Green wrote:

> Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work:
> these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes and may also include
> untested code.

And sometimes (like right now), the build is actually broken. The MarketplaceViewer.java doesn't compile.


[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 111: The method setAutomaticFind(boolean) is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 144: The method catalogUpdated(boolean, boolean) of type MarketplaceViewer must override a superclass method
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 145: The method catalogUpdated(boolean) in the type CatalogViewer is not applicable for the arguments (boolean,
boolean)
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 155: The method filterTextChanged() of type MarketplaceViewer must override a superclass method
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 156: The method getFilterText() is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 251: The method verifyUpdateSiteAvailability() is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 269: Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from CatalogViewer

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #529669 is a reply to message #529649] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan Herrmann
Messages: 994
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
David Green wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 11:55

This is a known problem with initial display of the wizard:

bug 309547: featured/popular URL returns 0 solutions
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309547

If you click on a different tab or do a search, the problem should go away.



I did click around some, including other tabs and the search button, hm..


Quote:

Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work: these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes
and may also include untested code. If you want to get the latest and greatest, you can try self-hosting with p2
projects in your workspace, or wait until the next milestone build.


I was hoping for something not quite as involved as pulling all of p2 into my workspace
but still slightly ahead of the milestone to help identify issues before.

Nevermind, I'll just wait for M7 then (which is: the M7 Java package, right?).

best,
Stephan

Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #529873 is a reply to message #529669] Tue, 27 April 2010 09:57 Go to previous message
David Green is currently offline David Green
Messages: 135
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 10-04-26 9:56 AM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
> David Green wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 11:55
>> This is a known problem with initial display of the wizard:
>>
>> bug 309547: featured/popular URL returns 0 solutions
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309547
>>
>> If you click on a different tab or do a search, the problem should go
>> away.
>
>
> I did click around some, including other tabs and the search button, hm..

I'll take a look. Please file a bug if you think something's wrong.

> Quote:
>> Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work:
>> these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes and may also include
>> untested code. If you want to get the latest and greatest, you can try
>> self-hosting with p2 projects in your workspace, or wait until the
>> next milestone build.
>
>
> I was hoping for something not quite as involved as pulling all of p2
> into my workspace
> but still slightly ahead of the milestone to help identify issues before.
>
> Nevermind, I'll just wait for M7 then (which is: the M7 Java package,
> right?).

That's right, though when we do M7 we'll post here if it's also available in other packages.

> best,
> Stephan
>
>
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #560301 is a reply to message #529649] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:23 Go to previous message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 04/26/2010 05:55 PM, David Green wrote:

> Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work:
> these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes and may also include
> untested code.

And sometimes (like right now), the build is actually broken. The MarketplaceViewer.java doesn't compile.


[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 111: The method setAutomaticFind(boolean) is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 144: The method catalogUpdated(boolean, boolean) of type MarketplaceViewer must override a superclass method
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 145: The method catalogUpdated(boolean) in the type CatalogViewer is not applicable for the arguments (boolean,
boolean)
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 155: The method filterTextChanged() of type MarketplaceViewer must override a superclass method
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 156: The method getFilterText() is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 251: The method verifyUpdateSiteAvailability() is undefined for the type MarketplaceViewer
[java] Error: file
/opt/users/hudsonbuild/.hudson/jobs/epp-mpc-nightly/workspac e/org.eclipse.epp.mpc.ui/src/org/eclipse/epp/internal/mpc/ui /wizards/MarketplaceViewer.java,
line 269: Cannot reduce the visibility of the inherited method from CatalogViewer

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #560304 is a reply to message #529649] Mon, 26 April 2010 12:56 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan Herrmann
Messages: 994
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
David Green wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 11:55
> This is a known problem with initial display of the wizard:
>
> bug 309547: featured/popular URL returns 0 solutions
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309547
>
> If you click on a different tab or do a search, the problem should go away.


I did click around some, including other tabs and the search button, hm..


Quote:
> Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work: these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes
> and may also include untested code. If you want to get the latest and greatest, you can try self-hosting with p2
> projects in your workspace, or wait until the next milestone build.


I was hoping for something not quite as involved as pulling all of p2 into my workspace
but still slightly ahead of the milestone to help identify issues before.

Nevermind, I'll just wait for M7 then (which is: the M7 Java package, right?).

best,
Stephan
Re: Trying latest MPC? [message #560307 is a reply to message #560304] Tue, 27 April 2010 09:57 Go to previous message
David Green is currently offline David Green
Messages: 96
Registered: July 2009
Member
On 10-04-26 9:56 AM, Stephan Herrmann wrote:
> David Green wrote on Mon, 26 April 2010 11:55
>> This is a known problem with initial display of the wizard:
>>
>> bug 309547: featured/popular URL returns 0 solutions
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=309547
>>
>> If you click on a different tab or do a search, the problem should go
>> away.
>
>
> I did click around some, including other tabs and the search button, hm..

I'll take a look. Please file a bug if you think something's wrong.

> Quote:
>> Installing from a build off of the build server may not always work:
>> these builds often rely on the latest p2 changes and may also include
>> untested code. If you want to get the latest and greatest, you can try
>> self-hosting with p2 projects in your workspace, or wait until the
>> next milestone build.
>
>
> I was hoping for something not quite as involved as pulling all of p2
> into my workspace
> but still slightly ahead of the milestone to help identify issues before.
>
> Nevermind, I'll just wait for M7 then (which is: the M7 Java package,
> right?).

That's right, though when we do M7 we'll post here if it's also available in other packages.

> best,
> Stephan
>
>
Previous Topic:Trying latest MPC?
Next Topic:Build server update site URL has changed
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Aug 20 03:01:04 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02595 seconds