Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP plugins session management?(RCP plugins session management?)
RCP plugins session management? [message #527283] Wed, 14 April 2010 16:23 Go to next message
moley harey is currently offline moley hareyFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi folks!

I was looking for info about session management in RCP applications but found no clue on how to do this in a simple way.

What I need is to store the user/pass credentials once I am logged in my application so I can:

1. Read those credentials in any View of my application if needed.
2. Configure a session timeout and control when the session expires so the application automatically do a logout fo the user for security reasons.

Any idea on this? Does RCP comes with session management mechanisms to implement such things?

Thanks a lot,

Mh
Re: RCP plugins session management? [message #527449 is a reply to message #527283] Thu, 15 April 2010 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: kai.edinger.drexler-software.de

Hi,

AFAIK eclipse has no session management. Use JAAS to that.

Grettings
Kai

Am 14.04.2010 18:23, schrieb moley harey:
> Hi folks!
>
> I was looking for info about session management in RCP applications but
> found no clue on how to do this in a simple way.
>
> What I need is to store the user/pass credentials once I am logged in my
> application so I can:
>
> 1. Read those credentials in any View of my application if needed.
> 2. Configure a session timeout and control when the session expires so
> the application automatically do a logout fo the user for security reasons.
>
> Any idea on this? Does RCP comes with session management mechanisms to
> implement such things?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Mh
Re: RCP plugins session management? [message #527487 is a reply to message #527449] Thu, 15 April 2010 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moley harey is currently offline moley hareyFriend
Messages: 23
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello Kai,

Thanks for the repsonse but I have checked that the JAAS package is depreceted, so I am not sure if is a good option to include this in my app:

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jaas/

Is this the only option for session management in RCP?
Re: RCP plugins session management? [message #527515 is a reply to message #527487] Thu, 15 April 2010 13:47 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: kai.edinger.drexler-software.de

Am 15.04.2010 14:45, schrieb moley harey:
> Hello Kai,
>
> Thanks for the repsonse but I have checked that the JAAS package is
> depreceted, so I am not sure if is a good option to include this in my app:
JAAS isn't really deprecated. It has been moved into the Java SE. It is
not longer a seperated Product, it is now part of the java runtime.

>
> http://java.sun.com/products/archive/jaas/
>
> Is this the only option for session management in RCP?
Previous Topic:Custom Project
Next Topic:Change view icon programmatically
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 16:44:13 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02349 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software