Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » LIsten For File Save Event?
LIsten For File Save Event? [message #525847] Thu, 08 April 2010 00:43 Go to next message
Brad is currently offline BradFriend
Hello, I'm trying to figure out if what I want is possible... I'm new to plugin development, but not new to programming.

What I'm trying to do is develop a plugin that captures a save event before it happens. Then using Aptana 2.0 Connection for that project compare the file being worked on with the associated file in Connection. If the file is different than the pre-saved copy, notify the user that there may be a conflict. If not, save the file, then upload it.

Right now, using Eclipse Monkey (or Aptana Monkey, whatever you want to call it), I can get files to upload after save. But it's not plugin based, and it does not work on 'Save All' which is another requirement for the plugin I want to develop.

Thanks for any tips or pointers.
Re: LIsten For File Save Event? [message #525891 is a reply to message #525847] Thu, 08 April 2010 08:20 Go to previous message
Devi Vara Prasad Bandaru is currently offline Devi Vara Prasad BandaruFriend

You can listen to file modification events using the resource change listeners. See if this article helps you.
http:// www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Resource-deltas/resource-de ltas.html

Previous Topic:p2 build:contributing program argument to launcher INI file
Next Topic:LIsten For File Save Event?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:04:09 GMT 2024