Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DSDP - Real-Time Software Components (RTSC) » releasing a package
releasing a package [message #525688] Wed, 07 April 2010 13:11 Go to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
I tried to release a package but I noticed that all the variants of my
package are built. Is this the normal behavior?

To be more explicit, I have a package that generates a dozen of library
variants but I would like to my release to include only 2 variants.
When making the release, all libraries are generated even though I need
only 2 for the release.

--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #525722 is a reply to message #525688] Wed, 07 April 2010 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Packages can produce more than one release. You can think of a release
as being a .zip file containing a unique subset of files from the built
package.

Every package has a "default" release and this release contains all
libraries added. But, you can define a second release that contains
just the two libraries that you want.

When you add a library to a package you can specify what releases should
contain it; see the releases attribute of
http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Library. html#.Attrs

Alternatively, if you don't want to create two releases, it's also
possible to eliminate the unnecessary libraries using a "release
script". A release script is a script that can arbitrarily add, remove,
or change any file that is added to a release (before the .zip is
actually created). In effect, release scripts are passed a list of all
the files to be added to the .zip and the release script can filter it
before it's used to create the .zip.

The following example release script removes files whose names end with
"foo":
var files = [];
for (var i = 0; i < Manifest.files.length; i++) {
var fname = Manifest.files[i];

if (fname.match(/foo$/) != null) {
continue;
}
files.push(fname);
}

/* include ONLY those files named in the files array */
Manifest.files = files;

So, you can:
1. create a release script that simply deletes the unnecessary
libraries; see
http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Manifest .html
2. specify a release script when you create a release; see
http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Release. html#.Attrs
3. re-define the default release to be this newly created release;
see
http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/PackageC ontents.html#default.Release


On 4/7/2010 6:11 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
> I tried to release a package but I noticed that all the variants of my
> package are built. Is this the normal behavior?
>
> To be more explicit, I have a package that generates a dozen of library
> variants but I would like to my release to include only 2 variants.
> When making the release, all libraries are generated even though I need
> only 2 for the release.
>
Re: releasing a package [message #525723 is a reply to message #525722] Wed, 07 April 2010 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: releasing a package
From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
To:
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:02:01 GMT+0200 (CEST)

> Packages can produce more than one release. You can think of a release
> as being a .zip file containing a unique subset of files from the built
> package.
>
> Every package has a "default" release and this release contains all
> libraries added. But, you can define a second release that contains
> just the two libraries that you want.
>
> When you add a library to a package you can specify what releases should
> contain it; see the releases attribute of
> http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Library. html#.Attrs
>
> Alternatively, if you don't want to create two releases, it's also
> possible to eliminate the unnecessary libraries using a "release
> script". A release script is a script that can arbitrarily add, remove,
> or change any file that is added to a release (before the .zip is
> actually created). In effect, release scripts are passed a list of all
> the files to be added to the .zip and the release script can filter it
> before it's used to create the .zip.
>
> The following example release script removes files whose names end with
> "foo":
> var files = [];
> for (var i = 0; i < Manifest.files.length; i++) {
> var fname = Manifest.files[i];
>
> if (fname.match(/foo$/) != null) {
> continue;
> }
> files.push(fname);
> }
>
> /* include ONLY those files named in the files array */
> Manifest.files = files;
>
> So, you can:
> 1. create a release script that simply deletes the unnecessary
> libraries; see
> http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Manifest .html
> 2. specify a release script when you create a release; see
> http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/Release. html#.Attrs
> 3. re-define the default release to be this newly created release;
> see
> http://rtsc.eclipse.org/cdoc-tip/index.html#xdc/bld/PackageC ontents.html#default.Release
>
>
>
> On 4/7/2010 6:11 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>> I tried to release a package but I noticed that all the variants of my
>> package are built. Is this the normal behavior?
>>
>> To be more explicit, I have a package that generates a dozen of library
>> variants but I would like to my release to include only 2 variants.
>> When making the release, all libraries are generated even though I need
>> only 2 for the release.
>>

Dave,

ok thanks.
So if I understand correctly, all libraries of the package will be
created regardless of whether a release needs a subset of these libraries?

--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #525729 is a reply to message #525723] Wed, 07 April 2010 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Actually

On 4/7/2010 8:06 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: releasing a package
> From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
> To:
> Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:02:01 GMT+0200 (CEST)
>
>> Packages can produce more than one release. You can think of a release
>> as being a .zip file containing a unique subset of files from the
>> built package.
[snip]
>
> ok thanks.
> So if I understand correctly, all libraries of the package will be
> created regardless of whether a release needs a subset of these libraries?
>
If you create a single release and remove the files via a reelase
script, yes.

If you create two releases, you can the simply build the "two library"
rlease. Recall that xdc is just make, so any file built can be
explicitly specified in the command line and _only_ the libraries needed
for the specified release will be built.

You can also create your own goals, say ".lite-release", which only has
the two library release as a prerequisite. By adding this goal to all
packages you can then build multiple packages with the goal
".lite-release" and only build what you need.
Re: releasing a package [message #525919 is a reply to message #525729] Thu, 08 April 2010 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: releasing a package
From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
To:
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:18:24 GMT+0200 (CEST)

> Actually
>
> On 4/7/2010 8:06 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>> -------- Original Message --------
>> Subject: Re: releasing a package
>> From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
>> To:
>> Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:02:01 GMT+0200 (CEST)
>>
>>> Packages can produce more than one release. You can think of a release
>>> as being a .zip file containing a unique subset of files from the
>>> built package.
> [snip]
>>
>> ok thanks.
>> So if I understand correctly, all libraries of the package will be
>> created regardless of whether a release needs a subset of these
>> libraries?
>>
> If you create a single release and remove the files via a reelase
> script, yes.
>
> If you create two releases, you can the simply build the "two library"
> rlease. Recall that xdc is just make, so any file built can be
> explicitly specified in the command line and _only_ the libraries needed
> for the specified release will be built.
>
> You can also create your own goals, say ".lite-release", which only has
> the two library release as a prerequisite. By adding this goal to all
> packages you can then build multiple packages with the goal
> ".lite-release" and only build what you need.

I still do not get it.
My package has a maximum of 12 libraries (8 for C6x target and 4 for gnu
target).
I wanted to create
- a release containing sources only.
- a release containing c6x debug libs
- a release containing c6x release libs
- a release containing gnu libs

see code below:

pkg.attrs.compress = true;
var files = listFiles("h");
for (var i=0; i < files.length; i++)
{
pkg.otherFiles[pkg.otherFiles.length++] = files[i];
}

var relName = pkgName + "_c6x_release";
var c6xRelease = pkg.addRelease(relName);
c6xRelease.attrs.label = "c6x release";
print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")

var relName = pkgName + "_c6x_debug";
var c6xDebug = pkg.addRelease(relName);
c6xDebug.attrs.label = "c6x debug";
print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")

var relName = pkgName + "_host";
var host = pkg.addRelease(relName);
host.attrs.label = "host";
print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")

var relName = pkgName + "_src";
var src = pkg.addRelease(relName);
src.attrs.label = "src";
src.attrs.exportSrc = true;
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] = "config.bld";
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] = "package.bld";
var files = listFiles("c",srcDir);
for (var i=0; i < files.length; i++)
{
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] = files[i];
}
print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")

Here is how I specify which lib goes into which release

if ((build.targets[target].name == "C64P_big_endian") ||
(build.targets[target].name == "C64P"))
{
libAttrs.copts += "-fb=./" + pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir + " ";
libAttrs.copts += "-ft=./" + pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir + " ";
libAttrs.copts += "-ff=./" + pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir + " ";
if (profile.search("release")!=-1)
{
libAttrs.releases=[c6xRelease];
}
else
{
libAttrs.releases=[c6xDebug];
}
}
else
{
libAttrs.releases=[host];
}

From what I understand, any library I add to my package will be added
to the default release in addition to what I specify with the lines
libAttrs.releases

So regardless of which release I want to create a default release will
be created containing my 12 libraries.
so when I run
xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
all 12 libraries are generated even though this release contains only 4.


--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #525920 is a reply to message #525919] Thu, 08 April 2010 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060203020004040704050705
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta content=3D"text/html;charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3D"Content-Type"=
>
<title></title>
</head>
<body bgcolor=3D"#ffffff" text=3D"#000000">
<blockquote cite=3D"mid:4BBD9E83.5090605@ti.com" type=3D"cite"><span
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0);" class=3D"headerSpan">-------- Original
Message --------<br>
Subject: Re: releasing a package<br>
From: Patrick Geremia <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D"mailto:p=
-geremia@ti.com">&lt;p-geremia@ti.com&gt;</a><br>
To: <br>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 11:14:43 GMT+0200 (CEST)<br>
<br>
</span>-------- Original Message --------
<br>
Subject: Re: releasing a package
<br>
From: dave russo <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D"mailto:d-russ=
o@ti.com">&lt;d-russo@ti.com&gt;</a>
<br>
To:
<br>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:18:24 GMT+0200 (CEST)
<br>
<br>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">Actually
<br>
<br>
On 4/7/2010 8:06 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
<br>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">-------- Original Message --------
<br>
Subject: Re: releasing a package
<br>
From: dave russo <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href=3D"mailto:d-russ=
o@ti.com">&lt;d-russo@ti.com&gt;</a>
<br>
To:
<br>
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 17:02:01 GMT+0200 (CEST)
<br>
<br>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">Packages can produce more than one
release. You can think of a release
<br>
as being a .zip file containing a unique subset of files from the
<br>
built package.
<br>
</blockquote>
</blockquote>
[snip]
<br>
<blockquote type=3D"cite"><br>
ok thanks.
<br>
So if I understand correctly, all libraries of the package will be
<br>
created regardless of whether a release needs a subset of these
libraries?
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
If you create a single release and remove the files via a reelase
script, yes.
<br>
<br>
If you create two releases, you can the simply build the "two library"
rlease.=C2=A0 Recall that xdc is just make, so any file built can be
explicitly specified in the command line and _only_ the libraries
needed for the specified release will be built.
<br>
<br>
You can also create your own goals, say ".lite-release", which only has
the two library release as a prerequisite.=C2=A0 By adding this goal to a=
ll
packages you can then build multiple packages with the goal
".lite-release" and only build what you need.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
I still do not get it.
<br>
My package has a maximum of 12 libraries (8 for C6x target and 4 for
gnu target).
<br>
I wanted to create
<br>
- a release containing sources only.
<br>
- a release containing c6x debug libs
<br>
- a release containing c6x release libs
<br>
- a release containing gnu libs
<br>
<br>
see code below:
<br>
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 pkg.attrs.compress =3D true;
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var files =3D listFiles("h");
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 for (var i=3D0; i &lt; files.length; i++)
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 {
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 pkg.otherFiles[pkg.otherFiles.length=
++] =3D files[i];
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 }
<br>
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var relName =3D pkgName + "_c6x_release";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var c6xRelease =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 c6xRelease.attrs.label =3D "c6x release";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 var relName =3D pkgName + "_c6x_debug";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var c6xDebug =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 c6xDebug.attrs.label =3D "c6x debug";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 var relName =3D pkgName + "_host";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var host =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 host.attrs.label =3D "host";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0=C2=A0 var relName =3D pkgName + "_src";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var src =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 src.attrs.label =3D "src";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 src.attrs.exportSrc =3D true;
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] =3D "config.bld";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] =3D "package.bld";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 var files =3D listFiles("c",srcDir);
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 for (var i=3D0; i &lt; files.length; i++)
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 {
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length=
++] =3D files[i];
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 }
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0 print("ReleaseGoal: " + relName + ".tar.gz")
<br>
<br>
Here is how I specify which lib goes into which release
<br>
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0if ((build.targets[target].name =3D=3D "C64P_big_=
endian") ||
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 (build.targets[target].n=
ame =3D=3D "C64P"))
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0{
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 libAttrs.copts +=3D "-fb=3D./"=
+ pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir +
" ";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 libAttrs.copts +=3D "-ft=3D./"=
+ pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir +
" ";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 libAttrs.copts +=3D "-ff=3D./"=
+ pkg.libDir + name + "/" + srcDir +
" ";
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 if (profile.search("release")!=
=3D-1)
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 {
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0 libAtt=
rs.releases=3D[c6xRelease];
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 }
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 else
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 {
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=A0 libAtt=
rs.releases=3D[c6xDebug];
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 }
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0}
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0else
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0{
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 libAttrs.releases=3D[host];
<br>
=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0}
<br>
<br>
=46rom what I understand, any library I add to my package will be added
to the default release in addition to what I specify with the lines
libAttrs.releases
<br>
<br>
So regardless of which release I want to create a default release will
be created containing my 12 libraries.
<br>
so when I run
<br>
xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
<br>
all 12 libraries are generated even though this release contains only
4.
<br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
Dave,<br>
<br>
the code I pasted in my previous post did not show up very nicely.<br>
I am trying again in html. (I am also attaching my package.bld file).<br>=

<br>
code to create the releases:<br>
<hr size=3D"2" width=3D"100%">
<pre><pre> pkg.attrs.compress =3D <font class=3D"pastecode"
color=3D"#5f9ea0">true</font>;
var files =3D listFiles(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"=
h"</font>);
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">for</font> (var i=3D0; i =
&lt; files.length; i++)
{
pkg.otherFiles[pkg.otherFiles.length++] =3D files[i];
}
=20
var relName =3D pkgName + <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00"=
>"_c6x_release"</font>;
var c6xRelease =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
c6xRelease.attrs.label =3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00=
">"c6x release"</font>;
print(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"ReleaseGoal: "</fo=
nt> + relName + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">".tar.gz"</font>)
=20
var relName =3D pkgName + <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00"=
>"_c6x_debug"</font>;
var c6xDebug =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
c6xDebug.attrs.label =3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">=
"c6x debug"</font>;
print(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"ReleaseGoal: "</fo=
nt> + relName + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">".tar.gz"</font>)
=20
var relName =3D pkgName + <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00"=
>"_host"</font>;
var host =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
host.attrs.label =3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"hos=
t"</font>;
print(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"ReleaseGoal: "</fo=
nt> + relName + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">".tar.gz"</font>)
=20
var relName =3D pkgName + <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00"=
>"_src"</font>;
var src =3D pkg.addRelease(relName);
src.attrs.label =3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"src"=
</font>;
src.attrs.exportSrc =3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#5f9ea0">t=
rue</font>;
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] =3D <font class=3D"pastecode"=

color=3D"#008b00">"config.bld"</font>;
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] =3D <font class=3D"pastecode"=

color=3D"#008b00">"package.bld"</font>;
var files =3D listFiles(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"=
c"</font>,srcDir);
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">for</font> (var i=3D0; i =
&lt; files.length; i++)
{
src.otherFiles[src.otherFiles.length++] =3D files[i];
}
print(<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"ReleaseGoal: "</fo=
nt> + relName + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">".tar.gz"</font>)
</pre></pre>
<hr size=3D"2" width=3D"100%"><br>
code to map libraries to releases:<br>
<br>
<hr size=3D"2" width=3D"100%">
<pre><pre>...

libAttrs.copts=3D<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">""</font>;
libAttrs.releases=3D[];
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">if</font> ((build.targets[tar=
get].name =3D=3D <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"C64P_big_endian"</font>) ||
(build.targets[target].name =3D=3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#=
008b00">"C64P"</font>))
{
libAttrs.copts +=3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"-fb=3D.=
/"</font> + pkg.libDir + name + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"/"</font> + srcDir + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">" "</font>;
libAttrs.copts +=3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"-ft=3D.=
/"</font> + pkg.libDir + name + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"/"</font> + srcDir + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">" "</font>;
libAttrs.copts +=3D <font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"-ff=3D.=
/"</font> + pkg.libDir + name + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"/"</font> + srcDir + <font
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">" "</font>;
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">if</font> (profile.search(<f=
ont
class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"release"</font>)!=3D-1)
{
libAttrs.releases=3D[c6xRelease];
}
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">else</font>
{
libAttrs.releases=3D[c6xDebug];
}
}
<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#ff0000">else</font>
{
libAttrs.releases=3D[host];
}
var lib =3D pkg.addLibrary(name, build.targets[target], libAttrs);
lib.addObjects (srcFiles);
print (<font class=3D"pastecode" color=3D"#008b00">"ArchiveGoal: "</font>=
+ lib.name + lib.attrs.suffix);=20

=2E..
</pre></pre>
<hr size=3D"2" width=3D"100%">
<pre class=3D"moz-signature" cols=3D"72">--=20
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (<a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://www.=
ti.com">http://www.ti.com</a>)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:p-geremia@ti.=
com">p-geremia@ti.com</a>
Availability: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" href=3D"http://meetwith.=
me/patrickgeremia">http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia</a>
</pre>
</body>
</html>

--------------060203020004040704050705
Content-Type: text/plain;
name="package.bld"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline;
filename="package.bld"

ZnVuY3Rpb24gbGlzdEZpbGVzKGV4dCwgZGlyKQp7CQogICAgdmFyIHNyY0Zp bGUgPSBbXTsK
ICAgIHZhciBkOwoKICAgIGlmIChkaXIgPT0gdW5kZWZpbmVkKSAKCSAgICBk ID0gIi4iOwog
ICAgZWxzZSAKICAgIAlkID0gZGlyOwoKICAgIC8qIEdldCBhY2Nlc3MgdG8g dGhlIGN1cnJl
bnQgZGlyZWN0b3J5LiAqLwogICAgdmFyIGZpbGUgPSBuZXcgamF2YS5pby5G aWxlKGQpOwoK
ICAgIC8qIENoZWNrIGlmIHRoZSBmaWxlIGV4aXN0cyBhbmQgaXQgaXMgYSBk aXJlY3Rvcnku
ICovCiAgICBpZiAoZmlsZS5leGlzdHMoKSAmJiBmaWxlLmlzRGlyZWN0b3J5 KCkpIAogICAg
ewogICAgICAgIC8qIEdldCBhIGxpc3Qgb2YgYWxsIGZpbGVzIGluIHRoZSBz cGVjaWZpYyBk
aXJlY3RvcnkuICovCiAgICAgICAgdmFyIGZpbGVMaXN0ID0gZmlsZS5saXN0 RmlsZXMoKTsK
ICAgICAgICBmb3IgKHZhciBpID0gMDsgaSA8IGZpbGVMaXN0Lmxlbmd0aDsg aSsrKSAKICAg
ICAgICB7CiAgICAgICAgICAgIC8qIERvbnQgYWRkIHRoZSBnZW5lcmF0ZWQg ZGlyZWN0b3J5
ICdwYWNrYWdlJyBhbmQgYW55IG9mIGl0cyBmaWxlcyAKICAgICAgICAgICAg ICogdG8gdGhl
IGxpc3QgaGVyZS4gKi8KICAgICAgICAgICAgaWYgKGZpbGVMaXN0W2ldLmdl dE5hbWUoKS5t
YXRjaGVzKCJwYWNrYWdlIikgPT0gZmFsc2UpCiAgICAgICAgICAgIHsKICAg ICAgICAgICAg
ICAgIC8qIENoZWNrIGlmIHRoZSBkZXRlY3RlZCBmaWxlIGlzIGEgZGlyZWN0 b3J5IGFuZCBp
ZiBzbyB3ZSBuZWVkIHRvIAogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICogcmVjdXJzaXZs eSBkZXRlY3Qg
YWxsIHRoZSBmaWxlcyB3aXRoaW4gdGhhdCBkaXJlY3RvcnkgdG9vLiAqLwog ICAgICAgICAg
ICAgICAgaWYgKGZpbGVMaXN0W2ldLmlzRGlyZWN0b3J5KCkpCiAgICAgICAg ICAgICAgICB7
CiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgLyogR2VuZXJhdGUgdGhlIGRpcmVjdG9y eSBOYW1lIGlu
IHdoaWNoIHdlIHdpbGwgcmVjdXJzZS4gKi8gCiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg ICAgdmFyIGRp
cmVjdG9yeU5hbWUgPSBkICsgIi8iICsgZmlsZUxpc3RbaV0uZ2V0TmFtZSgp OwoKICAgICAg
ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAvKiBHZXQgYSBsaXN0IG9mIGFsbCBmaWxlcyBpbiB0 aGlzIGRpcmVj
dG9yeSAqLwogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIHZhciBmaWxlTGlzdGluZyA9 IGxpc3RGaWxl
cyAoZXh0LCBkaXJlY3RvcnlOYW1lKTsKICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICBp ZiAoZmlsZUxp
c3RpbmcgIT0gbnVsbCkKICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICB7CiAgICAgICAg ICAgICAgICAg
ICAgICAgIC8qIFJldHVybiBhIGxpc3Qgb2YgYWxsIGZpbGUgbmFtZXMgaW4g dGhlIGRpcmVj
dG9yeS4gKi8KICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgZm9yICh2YXIgaiA9 IDAgOyBqIDwg
ZmlsZUxpc3RpbmcubGVuZ3RoOyBqKyspIAogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg ICAgICAgICAg
c3JjRmlsZVtzcmNGaWxlLmxlbmd0aCsrXSA9IGZpbGVMaXN0aW5nW2pdOwog ICAgICAgICAg
ICAgICAgICAgIH0KICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIH0KICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg IGVsc2UKICAg
ICAgICAgICAgICAgIHsKICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAvKiBUaGlzIHdh cyBhIGZpbGUu
IENoZWNrIGlmIHRoZSBmaWxlIG5hbWUgbWF0Y2hlcyB0aGUgZXh0ZW5zaW9u ICovCiAgICAg
ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgaWYgKGZpbGVMaXN0W2ldLmdldE5hbWUoKS5lbmRz V2l0aChleHQp
ID09IHRydWUpCiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIHNyY0ZpbGVbc3Jj RmlsZS5sZW5n
dGgrK10gPSBkICsgIi8iICsgZmlsZUxpc3RbaV0uZ2V0TmFtZSgpOwogICAg ICAgICAgICAg
ICAgfQogICAgICAgICAgICB9CiAgICAgICAgfQogICAgICAgIHJldHVybiBz cmNGaWxlOwog
ICAgfQogICAgcmV0dXJuIG51bGw7Cn0KCmZ1bmN0aW9uIGxpYkJ1aWxkKCkK ewogICAgdmFy
IHBrZyA9IFBrZzsKICAgIHZhciBzcmNEaXIgPSAic3JjIgogICAgdmFyIHNy Y0ZpbGVzID0g
bGlzdEZpbGVzKCJjIixzcmNEaXIpOwogICAgdmFyIHBrZ05hbWUgPSBwa2cu bmFtZS5yZXBs
YWNlKC9cLi9nLCAiXyIpOwogICAgdmFyIGxpYnJhcnkgPSB4ZGMudXNlTW9k dWxlKCd4ZGMu
YmxkLkxpYnJhcnknKTsKICAgIHZhciBsaWJBdHRycyA9IG5ldyBsaWJyYXJ5 LkF0dHJzOyAK
CgogICAgLyogcGFja2FnZSByZWxlYXNlcyAqLwoKICAgIC8qIGRlZmF1bHQg Ki8KICAgIHBr
Zy5hdHRycy5jb21wcmVzcyA9IHRydWU7CiAgICB2YXIgZmlsZXMgPSBsaXN0 RmlsZXMoImgi
KTsKICAgIGZvciAodmFyIGk9MDsgaSA8IGZpbGVzLmxlbmd0aDsgaSsrKQog ICAgewogICAg
ICAgIHBrZy5vdGhlckZpbGVzW3BrZy5vdGhlckZpbGVzLmxlbmd0aCsrXSA9 IGZpbGVzW2ld
OwogICAgfQogCiAgICB2YXIgcmVsTmFtZSA9IHBrZ05hbWUgKyAiX2M2eF9y ZWxlYXNlIjsK
ICAgIHZhciBjNnhSZWxlYXNlID0gcGtnLmFkZFJlbGVhc2UocmVsTmFtZSk7 CiAgICBjNnhS
ZWxlYXNlLmF0dHJzLmxhYmVsID0gImM2eCByZWxlYXNlIjsKICAgIHByaW50 KCJSZWxlYXNl
R29hbDogIiArIHJlbE5hbWUgKyAiLnRhci5neiIpCiAgICAKICAgIHZhciBy ZWxOYW1lID0g
cGtnTmFtZSArICJfYzZ4X2RlYnVnIjsKICAgIHZhciBjNnhEZWJ1ZyA9IHBr Zy5hZGRSZWxl
YXNlKHJlbE5hbWUpOwogICAgYzZ4RGVidWcuYXR0cnMubGFiZWwgPSAiYzZ4 IGRlYnVnIjsK
ICAgIHByaW50KCJSZWxlYXNlR29hbDogIiArIHJlbE5hbWUgKyAiLnRhci5n eiIpCiAgICAK
ICAgIHZhciByZWxOYW1lID0gcGtnTmFtZSArICJfaG9zdCI7CiAgICB2YXIg aG9zdCA9IHBr
Zy5hZGRSZWxlYXNlKHJlbE5hbWUpOwogICAgaG9zdC5hdHRycy5sYWJlbCA9 ICJob3N0IjsK
ICAgIHByaW50KCJSZWxlYXNlR29hbDogIiArIHJlbE5hbWUgKyAiLnRhci5n eiIpCiAgICAK
ICAgIHZhciByZWxOYW1lID0gcGtnTmFtZSArICJfc3JjIjsKICAgIHZhciBz cmMgPSBwa2cu
YWRkUmVsZWFzZShyZWxOYW1lKTsKICAgIHNyYy5hdHRycy5sYWJlbCA9ICJz cmMiOwogICAg
c3JjLmF0dHJzLmV4cG9ydFNyYyA9IHRydWU7CiAgICBzcmMub3RoZXJGaWxl c1tzcmMub3Ro
ZXJGaWxlcy5sZW5ndGgrK10gPSAiY29uZmlnLmJsZCI7CiAgICBzcmMub3Ro ZXJGaWxlc1tz
cmMub3RoZXJGaWxlcy5sZW5ndGgrK10gPSAicGFja2FnZS5ibGQiOwogICAg dmFyIGZpbGVz
ID0gbGlzdEZpbGVzKCJjIixzcmNEaXIpOwogICAgZm9yICh2YXIgaT0wOyBp IDwgZmlsZXMu
bGVuZ3RoOyBpKyspCiAgICB7CiAgICAgICAgc3JjLm90aGVyRmlsZXNbc3Jj Lm90aGVyRmls
ZXMubGVuZ3RoKytdID0gZmlsZXNbaV07CiAgICB9CiAgICBwcmludCgiUmVs ZWFzZUdvYWw6
ICIgKyByZWxOYW1lICsgIi50YXIuZ3oiKQoKICAgIC8qIEJ1aWxkIHRoZSBs aWJyYXJpZXMg
Zm9yIGFsbCB0aGUgdGFyZ2V0cyBzcGVjaWZpZWQuICovCiAgICBmb3IgKHZh ciB0YXJnZXQ9
MDsgdGFyZ2V0IDwgYnVpbGQudGFyZ2V0cy5sZW5ndGg7IHRhcmdldCsrKQog ICAgewoJCXZh
ciBlbmRpYW4gPSBidWlsZC50YXJnZXRzW3RhcmdldF0ubW9kZWwuZW5kaWFu OwoJCWlmIChl
bmRpYW49PSJsaXR0bGUiKQoJCXsKCQkJZW5kaWFuPSJsZSI7CgkJfQoJCWVs c2UKCQl7CgkJ
CWVuZGlhbj0iYmUiOwoJCX0KCQl2YXIgaXNhID0gYnVpbGQudGFyZ2V0c1t0 YXJnZXRdLmlz
YQoKCQlmb3IgKHZhciBwcm9maWxlIGluIGJ1aWxkLnRhcmdldHNbdGFyZ2V0 XS5wcm9maWxl
cykKCSAJewkKCQkJaWYgKHByb2ZpbGUuc2VhcmNoKHBrZ05hbWUpIT0tMSkK CQkJewoJCQkJ
bGliQXR0cnMucHJvZmlsZT1wcm9maWxlOwoJCQkJdmFyIG5hbWUgPSBsaWJB dHRycy5wcm9m
aWxlICsgIl8iICsgaXNhICsgIl8iICsgZW5kaWFuOwoJCQkJbGliQXR0cnMu Y29wdHM9IiI7
CiAgCQkJCWxpYkF0dHJzLnJlbGVhc2VzPVtdOwoJCQkJaWYgKChidWlsZC50 YXJnZXRzW3Rh
cmdldF0ubmFtZSA9PSAiQzY0UF9iaWdfZW5kaWFuIikgfHwKCQkJCQkgKGJ1 aWxkLnRhcmdl
dHNbdGFyZ2V0XS5uYW1lID09ICJDNjRQIikpCgkJCQl7CgkJCQkJbGliQXR0 cnMuY29wdHMg
Kz0gIi1mYj0uLyIgKyBwa2cubGliRGlyICsgbmFtZSArICIvIiArIHNyY0Rp ciArICIgIjsK
CQkJCQlsaWJBdHRycy5jb3B0cyArPSAiLWZ0PS4vIiArIHBrZy5saWJEaXIg KyBuYW1lICsg
Ii8iICsgc3JjRGlyICsgIiAiOwoJCQkJCWxpYkF0dHJzLmNvcHRzICs9ICIt ZmY9Li8iICsg
cGtnLmxpYkRpciArIG5hbWUgKyAiLyIgKyBzcmNEaXIgKyAiICI7CgkJCQkJ aWYgKHByb2Zp
bGUuc2VhcmNoKCJyZWxlYXNlIikhPS0xKQoJCQkJCXsKICAgIAkJCQkJICAg IGxpYkF0dHJz
LnJlbGVhc2VzPVtjNnhSZWxlYXNlXTsKCQkJCQl9CgkJCQkJZWxzZQoJCQkJ CXsKICAgIAkJ
CQkJICAgIGxpYkF0dHJzLnJlbGVhc2VzPVtjNnhEZWJ1Z107CgkJCQkJfQoJ CQkJfQoJCQkJ
ZWxzZQoJCQkJewogICAgCQkJCQkgICAgbGliQXR0cnMucmVsZWFzZXM9W2hv c3RdOwoJCQkJ
fQoJCQkJdmFyIGxpYiA9IHBrZy5hZGRMaWJyYXJ5KG5hbWUsIGJ1aWxkLnRh cmdldHNbdGFy
Z2V0XSwgbGliQXR0cnMpOwoJCQkJbGliLmFkZE9iamVjdHMgKHNyY0ZpbGVz KTsKCQkJCXBy
aW50ICgiQXJjaGl2ZUdvYWw6ICIgKyBsaWIubmFtZSArIGxpYi5hdHRycy5z dWZmaXgpOyAK
CQkJfQoJCX0KICAgIH0KfQoKbGliQnVpbGQoKTsKCgo=
--------------060203020004040704050705--
Re: releasing a package [message #526060 is a reply to message #525919] Thu, 08 April 2010 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 4/8/2010 2:14 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>
> From what I understand, any library I add to my package will be added
> to the default release in addition to what I specify with the lines
> libAttrs.releases
>
Right.

> So regardless of which release I want to create a default release will
> be created containing my 12 libraries.
Unfortunately, yes. This is something I'd like to change but it
potentially breaks compatibility with existing build scripts.

I suppose we can add a property to packages that indicates that the
default release should not "be greedy" and only implicitly add libraries
that are not already assigned to a release; we want to avoid adding a
library that does not find it's way into _some_ release.

> so when I run
> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
> all 12 libraries are generated even though this release contains only 4.
>
It shouldn't. If ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host only includes 4 libraries,
only those four libraries should be built by make before building the
ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host goal.


>
Re: releasing a package [message #526684 is a reply to message #526060] Mon, 12 April 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
dave russo wrote:
>
>
> On 4/8/2010 2:14 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>>
>> From what I understand, any library I add to my package will be added
>> to the default release in addition to what I specify with the lines
>> libAttrs.releases
>>
> Right.
>
>> So regardless of which release I want to create a default release will
>> be created containing my 12 libraries.
> Unfortunately, yes. This is something I'd like to change but it
> potentially breaks compatibility with existing build scripts.
>
> I suppose we can add a property to packages that indicates that the
> default release should not "be greedy" and only implicitly add libraries
> that are not already assigned to a release; we want to avoid adding a
> library that does not find it's way into _some_ release.
>
>> so when I run
>> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>> all 12 libraries are generated even though this release contains only 4.
>>
> It shouldn't. If ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host only includes 4 libraries,
> only those four libraries should be built by make before building the
> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host goal.
>
>
>>

sorry I meant the following: when I want to make the release
ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host by running the command xdc
release,ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host , all 12 libraries will be build (as
they part of the default release) even though the
ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host release contains only 4 libraries.

--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #526689 is a reply to message #526684] Mon, 12 April 2010 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
Patrick Geremia wrote:
> dave russo wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 4/8/2010 2:14 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>>>
>>> From what I understand, any library I add to my package will be added
>>> to the default release in addition to what I specify with the lines
>>> libAttrs.releases
>>>
>> Right.
>>
>>> So regardless of which release I want to create a default release will
>>> be created containing my 12 libraries.
>> Unfortunately, yes. This is something I'd like to change but it
>> potentially breaks compatibility with existing build scripts.
>>
>> I suppose we can add a property to packages that indicates that the
>> default release should not "be greedy" and only implicitly add
>> libraries that are not already assigned to a release; we want to avoid
>> adding a library that does not find it's way into _some_ release.
>>
>>> so when I run
>>> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>>> all 12 libraries are generated even though this release contains only 4.
>>>
>> It shouldn't. If ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host only includes 4
>> libraries, only those four libraries should be built by make before
>> building the ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host goal.
>>
>>
>>>
>
> sorry I meant the following: when I want to make the release
> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host by running the command xdc
> release,ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host , all 12 libraries will be build (as
> they part of the default release) even though the
> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host release contains only 4 libraries.
>

this is quite annoying. The only possibilities I see today are
1. not use the RTSC release capabilities. Implement it using external
scripts to generate the zips.
2. or pass the release goal to XDC as XDCARGS and only generate what I
need to generate for that release. (this is what I have done to generate
a release that contains only sources and the build system).

Any other ideas?
Will this problem be addressed in a subsequent release?



--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #526720 is a reply to message #526689] Mon, 12 April 2010 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 4/12/2010 8:31 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>>>>
>>> It shouldn't. If ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host only includes 4
>>> libraries, only those four libraries should be built by make before
>>> building the ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host goal.
>>>
>>>
>>>>
>>
>> sorry I meant the following: when I want to make the release
>> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host by running the command xdc
>> release,ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host , all 12 libraries will be build
>> (as they part of the default release) even though the
>> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host release contains only 4 libraries.
>>
>
> this is quite annoying. The only possibilities I see today are
> 1. not use the RTSC release capabilities. Implement it using external
> scripts to generate the zips.
> 2. or pass the release goal to XDC as XDCARGS and only generate what I
> need to generate for that release. (this is what I have done to generate
> a release that contains only sources and the build system).
>
> Any other ideas?
If your package only builds libraries, the following should work:
1. first build the .interfaces goal (this ensure that the package's
meta data exists)
2. build _just_ the release archive that you are interested in

In your case:
xdc .interfaces
xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.zip

This should build only the files that are required for this .zip file.

> Will this problem be addressed in a subsequent release?
>
I've filed "Bug 308900 - can't create individual release without
building a bunch of unnecessary libraries" to track this issue; see
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=308900

I added you to the CC list so you will get updates whenever this bug's
status changes.
Re: releasing a package [message #527148 is a reply to message #526720] Wed, 14 April 2010 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: releasing a package
From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
To:
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 19:42:39 GMT+0200 (CEST)

>
>
> On 4/12/2010 8:31 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>>>>>
>>>> It shouldn't. If ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host only includes 4
>>>> libraries, only those four libraries should be built by make before
>>>> building the ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host goal.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>> sorry I meant the following: when I want to make the release
>>> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host by running the command xdc
>>> release,ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host , all 12 libraries will be build
>>> (as they part of the default release) even though the
>>> ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host release contains only 4 libraries.
>>>
>>
>> this is quite annoying. The only possibilities I see today are
>> 1. not use the RTSC release capabilities. Implement it using external
>> scripts to generate the zips.
>> 2. or pass the release goal to XDC as XDCARGS and only generate what I
>> need to generate for that release. (this is what I have done to generate
>> a release that contains only sources and the build system).
>>
>> Any other ideas?
> If your package only builds libraries, the following should work:
> 1. first build the .interfaces goal (this ensure that the package's
> meta data exists)
> 2. build _just_ the release archive that you are interested in
>
> In your case:
> xdc .interfaces
> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.zip
>
> This should build only the files that are required for this .zip file.
>
>> Will this problem be addressed in a subsequent release?
>>
> I've filed "Bug 308900 - can't create individual release without
> building a bunch of unnecessary libraries" to track this issue; see
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=308900
>
> I added you to the CC list so you will get updates whenever this bug's
> status changes.
>
>
>
>
>
>
Dave,

are you sure you need the .zip?
In my case, I build a compressed tarball (.tar.gz), the release name is
not ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz but ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host

I checked again and when I run the command below, ALL libraries are
build prior to building the release ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz
xdc .interfaces
xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host

--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Re: releasing a package [message #527245 is a reply to message #527148] Wed, 14 April 2010 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave Russo is currently offline Dave RussoFriend
Messages: 172
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 4/14/2010 2:04 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:

> Dave,
>
> are you sure you need the .zip?
> In my case, I build a compressed tarball (.tar.gz), the release name is
> not ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz but ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>
> I checked again and when I run the command below, ALL libraries are
> build prior to building the release ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz
> xdc .interfaces
> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>
Yes. By using the actual file name, rather than a generated
intermediate goal that has dependencies on .libraries, make will only
build the files necessary to create this particular file.

In your case, the file is ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz (not .zip as
I originally assumed).

Recall that the xdc command just invokes GNU make with the arguments
supplied on the command line (plus a few extras). You can see exactly
what it invokes by passing the -n option.
Re: releasing a package [message #527266 is a reply to message #527245] Wed, 14 April 2010 15:40 Go to previous message
Patrick Geremia is currently offline Patrick GeremiaFriend
Messages: 79
Registered: July 2009
Member
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: releasing a package
From: dave russo <d-russo@ti.com>
To:
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 16:30:01 GMT+0200 (CEST)

>
>
> On 4/14/2010 2:04 AM, Patrick Geremia wrote:
>
>> Dave,
>>
>> are you sure you need the .zip?
>> In my case, I build a compressed tarball (.tar.gz), the release name is
>> not ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz but ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>>
>> I checked again and when I run the command below, ALL libraries are
>> build prior to building the release ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz
>> xdc .interfaces
>> xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host
>>
> Yes. By using the actual file name, rather than a generated
> intermediate goal that has dependencies on .libraries, make will only
> build the files necessary to create this particular file.
>
> In your case, the file is ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz (not .zip as
> I originally assumed).
>
> Recall that the xdc command just invokes GNU make with the arguments
> supplied on the command line (plus a few extras). You can see exactly
> what it invokes by passing the -n option.
>
>
Dave,

ok. I got it to work by running the following:

xdc .interfaces
xdc ti_wbi_umts_rac_raccm_host.tar.gz

Thanks!!!

--
Patrick Geremia
Texas Instruments (http://www.ti.com)
Phone: +33 4 93 22 26 33
Email: p-geremia@ti.com
Availability: http://meetwith.me/patrickgeremia
Previous Topic:use of requires statement
Next Topic:release a bundle
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Nov 28 13:47:11 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03684 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software