Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » P2 dev » Installed features using p2.mirror are not in the registry
Installed features using p2.mirror are not in the registry [message #523232] Thu, 25 March 2010 15:48 Go to next message
Nathalie  is currently offline Nathalie
Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a tricky problem when installing features from composite repository.

I created a composite repository, where I copied features coming from the Galileo update site and some local update site. It seems that the features were correctly copied and the repository was well created. I got the message BUILD SUCCESSFUL when the script ended.

The problem is when I install the features in Eclipse 3.5.2 using the Update Manager. I can connect to my composite repository and install the features I want. When Eclipse restart, I see the features in the Installed software tab (Help -> About Eclipse SDK -> Installation Details -> Installed software) but nothing appears in the Features tab (Help -> About Eclipse SDK -> Installation Details -> Features).

I also know that the features are not installed as I don't see any of their UI elements in the workbench.

Does anyone have a clue on that?

Any help is welcomed. Thanks.
icon14.gif  Re: Installed features using p2.mirror are not in the registry [message #523265 is a reply to message #523232] Thu, 25 March 2010 17:25 Go to previous message
Nathalie  is currently offline Nathalie
Hello again,

There is no more issue.

Everything was perfect on the repository side. The problem was coming from the Eclipse SDK that I got it from the p2 installer. After a quick look in the configuration folder, I found out it was using "Bundle pooling" although I asked for a single installation and not a shared one (weird!).

I got a new Eclipse installation (without the p2 installer) and everything worked fine.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:P2 mirror to extract a IU from repository
Next Topic:P2 in Client Server Szenario
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 19 20:05:11 GMT 2014