Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Programmatically get file being debugged in eclipse -- guys some help
Programmatically get file being debugged in eclipse -- guys some help [message #522769] Tue, 23 March 2010 21:06
Rohit  is currently offline Rohit Friend
Hi guys,

Let me tell you what I am doing. Razz
I am trying to get the project/file being debugged currently. So that I can highlight some text in it. All this I want to do programmatically.

I tried using the IWorkspaceRoot to get project but I did not find any way to do so.
Next I tried going through the source code of CDT to see if I can find any hints for the same.
I also went through the Platform plugin guide, but did not find anything of relevance.
I thought since DebugConfigurations has the project name in it, that might be a good way to start. But I have not been able to find it. Crying or Very Sad

I have the name of the file in which I want to highlight text. But there is no way I found, to get IFile using the filename. There is a findMember(filename) function. But you need to know the project for that, which I dont.

Please suggest any ways. Also let me know if my question is not clear.
Thank you for your time.

Rohit

[Updated on: Thu, 25 March 2010 00:59]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to : Add mouse hover info to marker and notify location in ruler
Next Topic:Debug JUnit test multiple times - automation? parameters?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:25:51 GMT 2024