Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Generated configuration file overwrites specified properties (since Eclipse 3.5.2)(Generated configuration file overwrites specified properties (since Eclipse 3.5.2))
Generated configuration file overwrites specified properties (since Eclipse 3.5.2) [message #521610] Thu, 18 March 2010 10:02
Richard Horbach is currently offline Richard HorbachFriend
We start our product, based on Eclipse, with our own splash screen. In the configuration directory we therefore have specified the following properties in the config.ini file:

- eclipse.product=com.mycompany.myproduct.ide
- osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/com.mycompany.myprod uct
osgi.configuration.area = @user.home/.eclipse/configuration

If I start the product for the first time, the proper splash screen shows up. Therefore, the local config.ini file was read and parsed correctly. When I close the application again, a new created configuration file is written (written by EquinoxFwConfigFileParser) to the location specified in the osgi.configuration.area property.

This generated config.ini file however contains overwritten properties:

- eclipse.product=org.eclipse.platform.ide
- osgi.splashPath=platform\:/base/plugins/org.eclipse.platform

If I now start the product for a second time, the default Eclipse splash screen is shown. The setting in the configuration area apparently takes precedence over the local setting.

This problem was introduced in Eclipse 3.5.2 (or 3.5.1). In Eclipse 3.5.0 this mechanisme worked well, since no entries for eclipse.product and .osgi.splashPath were written back.

This looks like a bug to me, but it may as well be a configuration issue (although it used to work). If it is a bug, I would assume more people would run into this problem.
Anyone ideas or anyone bumped into the same problem?

Thanks,
Richard Horbach
Previous Topic:Storing preferences across bundle versions
Next Topic:Equinox Classes Apr. 12-May 28
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:59:10 GMT 2024