Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Product Export Dependency resolution and deadlocks(Several problems with the Product export make me wonder ...)
Product Export Dependency resolution and deadlocks [message #519861] Wed, 10 March 2010 09:28 Go to next message
Florian Philipp is currently offline Florian PhilippFriend
Hi!

I need some help here.

I'm currently creating an RCP application with Eclipse 3.5.2. It consists of an XText editor, GUI, a help system, some external libs and a product description. No black magic or heavy customizations or anything.

My Eclipse IDE is v.3.5.1, the target environment 3.5.2.

Everything works just fine if I start the product directly from Eclipse. Occasionally, I can also export the product and use it as a standalone app. However, most of the time, I'm struggling with the export wizard. I can distinguish between three recurrent errors and some other which I would dismiss for now as configuration errors while trying to solve the other three:

1. The export runs into a deadlock at 16% or 20%. This can be resolved by creating a new product definition.
2. "Missing requirement: <name> 1.0.0.201003101007 (de.<url>.editor.product 1.0.0.201003101007) requires 'org.antlr.runtime [3.0.0.v200803061811]' but it could not be found"
3. The same error as 2. but with org.apache.commons.logging

These dependency errors confuse me because the plugins are there and a double click on their entry in the product dependency list opens their plugin definition.

Sometimes I can temporarily resolve those errors, for example by doing such unlogical things like creating the exact same target platform again.

Can someone please explain to me, what is going on here?

Florian Philipp
Re: Product Export Dependency resolution and deadlocks [message #519896 is a reply to message #519861] Wed, 10 March 2010 12:28 Go to previous message
Florian Philipp is currently offline Florian PhilippFriend
Florian Philipp wrote on Wed, 10 March 2010 04:28

1. The export runs into a deadlock at 16% or 20%. This can be resolved by creating a new product definition.

To be more specific, it is not a deadlock but a busylock, i.e. it creates 100% CPU load without doing anything.
Previous Topic:how to build software for MacOsX?
Next Topic:RCP / Won't start on OSX / deltapack / JavaSE1.6 / compiled on PC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:32:58 GMT 2024