Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android)
Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #517730] Mon, 01 March 2010 20:51 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi, I'm an android developer and I always used eclipse for my projects. Now I have a big problem. When I try to build my code eclipse stucks in building workspace XX% where XX = some number < 100.
I searched on the net and I tried many suggestions. -clean command. Creating new clean workspace. Reinstalling eclipse. But nothing seems to work. Now I don't know what to do. I really need eclipse to develop my android applications.
Oh, and I'm using a mac.
Re: Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #517806 is a reply to message #517730] Tue, 02 March 2010 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Nothing? I really need eclipse
Re: Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #517825 is a reply to message #517730] Tue, 02 March 2010 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
blackgin@hotmail.it wrote:
> Hi, I'm an android developer and I always used eclipse for my
> projects. Now I have a big problem. When I try to build my code
> eclipse stucks in building workspace XX% where XX = some number < 100.
> I searched on the net and I tried many suggestions. -clean command.
> Creating new clean workspace. Reinstalling eclipse. But nothing seems
> to work. Now I don't know what to do. I really need eclipse to develop
> my android applications.
Anything in .log? Make a stack dump when it's stalled and post it here.

Dani
> Oh, and I'm using a mac.
Re: Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #524831 is a reply to message #517730] Fri, 02 April 2010 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric H-B is currently offline Eric H-BFriend
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm getting the exact same thing. I've cleaned the workspace, exported and imported the project, even reinstalled eclipse and can't get past this. Would love any ideas.
Re: Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #524834 is a reply to message #524831] Fri, 02 April 2010 20:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric H-B is currently offline Eric H-BFriend
Well, I found my own answer to this. REBOOT! I think there may have been some broken connection to the emulator or something like that, but after a reboot it all started working again.

Re: Stuck in Building Workspace (Eclipse + android) [message #692095 is a reply to message #524834] Sun, 03 July 2011 14:56 Go to previous message
rsreeni is currently offline rsreeniFriend
Im using eclipse + android on Mac too. Having the same problem. Even though the shutting down and restarting of the eclipse works, after taking lot longer than the time I would expect it to finish building the workspace, eclipse does complete it sometimes. I am going to turn off the 'Build automatically' and see if that helps.
-SR
Previous Topic:Separate Tomcat for each project
Next Topic:How to clone/deep copy a StyledString?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:05:06 GMT 2024