Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Object Allocation analysis on JVM 1.5(Identifying memory leaks on JVM 1.5)
Object Allocation analysis on JVM 1.5 [message #517475] Sun, 28 February 2010 14:15 Go to next message
joel is currently offline joelFriend
Hello All,

I am trying to locate possible memory leaks on an application (JVM 1.5) but when looking to the doc, it seems that "Object references table" was only available with JVM 1.4 ?

The view provided here (Object References Table) seems really interesing, but I can only see the Object Allocation View when profiling my JVM 1.5 application.

When looking to the following help, I don't see some equivalent to the Object References Table ? This view seems really useful to track which Object is referencing many other Objects (possible memory leak). When I try to go to the allocation details view (which seems to be the alternative of "Object References Table") to determine the object allocation site of the leaking object, I got nothing... Any idea (for info I checked the box: "Track object for allocation sites") ?

Thank you in advance.

Joel

[Updated on: Sun, 28 February 2010 16:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Object Allocation analysis on JVM 1.5 [message #517728 is a reply to message #517475] Mon, 01 March 2010 20:42 Go to previous message
joel is currently offline joelFriend
Here is the solution:

In order to see the "Object Allocation Site" which is the alternative of "Object Allocation View" on JVM 1.5, you need to enable the "Tack object for allocation sites" (as stated in my previous post).
When the application you want to profile is a remote process, the Eclipse check box option: "Track object for allocation sites" does not have any effect... It seems to be only related to local profiling. For that purpose, it is mandatory to start the remote Java process you want to monitor using the following HeapProf option:
HeapProf:allocsites=true

Previous Topic:PrivilegedActionException when using TPTP
Next Topic:Run junit test application from command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 19 13:54:17 GMT 2014