|EclipseWorld technical program announced [message #4620]
||Mon, 23 May 2005 12:26
| Alan Zeichick
Registered: July 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE|
Technical Program Announced for First Annual EclipseWorld Conference
Huntington, N.Y., May 23, 2005 - BZ Media LLC today announced the class and
tutorial lineup for the first annual EclipseWorld ConferenceT, scheduled for
August 29-31, 2005, at The Roosevelt Hotel, in New York City.
The EclipseWorld Conference (www.eclipseworld.net) will feature more than 50
classes and tutorials for enterprise software developers and development
managers using Eclipse tools and technologies. The conference consists of
one full day of tutorials followed by two days of technical classes.
Alan Zeichick, Conference Chairman for EclipseWorld, said, "The outstanding
faculty at EclipseWorld will help everyone building software using Eclipse
master this cutting-edge technology. The conference classes and tutorials
will help everyone leverage the rich Eclipse ecosystem. Every organization
that's using Eclipse should send at least one senior developer or architect
to EclipseWorld - if not the whole team."
Zeichick added, "The EclipseWorld technical program focuses on practical
applications of Eclipse tools and technologies. Whether the team is using
Linux or Windows, open-source or closed-source tools, Java or C++, the
program has classes to help them gain critical expertise - or to expand upon
the knowledge they already have."
Classes range in topics from debugging using the Eclipse tool set to
mastering Aspect-Oriented Programming, from using Java annotations to
performing XML editing.
The distinguished faculty includes such Eclipse experts as:
* Koen Aers, senior software developer at JBoss
* Dr. Barry Burd, author of "Eclipse For Dummies"
* Eric Clayberg, co-author of "Eclipse: Building Commercial Quality
* Dr. Bjorn Freeman-Benson, technical director of open-source process for
the Eclipse Foundation
* Elliotte Rusty Harold, author of "Processing XML with Java"
* Dr. Chris Laffra, co-author of "The Official Eclipse 3.0 FAQs"
* Dr. Arthur Ryman, a senior technical staff member at the IBM Toronto
Laboratory, where he is currently a leader of the Web Tools Platform Project
* Dr. Tim Wagner, who manages the open-source IDE and language tools at BEA
The tutorials, scheduled for Monday, August 29, are:
* Getting Started With Eclipse on Windows
* Using and Extending the Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP)
* The Eclipse Ecosystem: Exploring Tools and Plug-ins
* Developing J2EE Applications With the Web Tools Platform Project
* Creating and Extending JFace GUIs in Eclipse
Registration for the EclipseWorld Conference is now open at
http://www.eclipseworld.net/, with discounts offered for early
registrations. The conference is also offering special discounts for
development teams sending four or more professionals to the technical
Contact Donna Esposito, Director of Events, at +1-415-785-3419 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
-- 30 -
About BZ Media
BZ Media LLC
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01394 seconds