Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » my-entites.jar in EAR /lib directory using glassfish(Issues with the output from eclipse (not really a jar?))
my-entites.jar in EAR /lib directory using glassfish [message #516459] Wed, 24 February 2010 05:08
Adam McCormick is currently offline Adam McCormickFriend
I'm at a loss; I have created an enterprise application and added an ejb module and a web module. I decided it would be a good idea to create a seperate jpa project for my entites and placed this jar (entities.jar) in the ear's lib directory.

The problem is that when I run the application (i'm running this on glassfish 3) I always get:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to retrieve EntityManagerFactory for unitName sample-enterprise-application-entities

I notice in the glassfish directory where my application is deployed the entites.jar does not show up as a jar but rather a directory called "entites.jar". I got smart and exported my entites project to a jar and placed this "real" jar file in the ear's lib and it worked.

My question: why does eclipse not produce a jar file and instead a directory called whatever.jar? Is there a work around for this or some setting/property i am missing?

Thank you for any advice you may have.
Previous Topic:Download EclipseLink 2.0.1 - file unavailable
Next Topic:Error with criteria API if an entity extends a non-entity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:47:44 GMT 2024