|Re: How to enable logging when running Tomcat 5.5 under Eclipse 3.5? [message #515672 is a reply to message #515665]
||Fri, 19 February 2010 17:30
| Larry Isaacs
Registered: July 2009
Dave Griffiths wrote:|
> Hi, thanks. I figured it out in the end. Like you say for a fresh
> project that works. What I did though was make the server.xml change
> after a few server start/restart iterations. What I had to do to fix it
> - which I think I found on the web somewhere - was right click on the
> server in the bottom pane and then do "Clean...". Odd really because you
> make a change to a servlet and it Just Works but make a change to
> server.xml and it's very obscure...
If it helps in the future, for "Clean..." to fix the behavior suggests
that something went wrong with the "delta" publishing. The "delta"
publishing that the Tomcat support uses relies on a cache of data
storing the files and their dates for what has been included in past
publishes. If during publishing, the project file to be published is
found in the cache and it's date hasn't changed, then that file is not
published again. If that file, for some unknown reason, is no longer
present in the published webapp, "delta" publishing won't make it
reappear. Using "Clean..." deletes this cache and forces a full
publish, fixing any such disappearances. So far, I haven't identified
any usage scenario, other than deliberately deleting the webapp's file,
that would account for the mysterious disappearance of published files.
Let us know if you happen to find one.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01771 seconds