Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » RCP question
RCP question [message #513658] Wed, 10 February 2010 18:35 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
I have two questions regarding RCP. I am developing a simple GUI and I am unable to create a stand alone application from my plugin.

When I export my project using the export wizard, it goes through the entire build process with no errors being displayed in the error log upon completion. However, when the build process is complete I do not get my standalone application <myapp>.exe file.

Also, for some reason when I run my application through the <myapp>.product configuration window, my arguments such as -consoleLog are removed from the "Program arguments" box in the "Run->Run Configuration" options.

I tried removing <myapp>.product file and re-creating it and I still have the same problem.

Any ideas or suggestions
Thanks
Re: RCP question [message #513785 is a reply to message #513658] Thu, 11 February 2010 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Ferrari is currently offline Luca FerrariFriend
Is there any chance you are exporting the product for a different platform?
Re: RCP question [message #513877 is a reply to message #513785] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply. I am exporting my project in the win32 environment. Actually, I deleted all the <myapp>.product file and deleted the instance of the <myapp>.product file in the run configurations options and now when I try and create the stand alone application it error and says that my project is missing the
"org.apache.commons.logging" plugin is missing.

However, if you look at all of my dependencies this plugin is part of my project.

Also I still have not been able to figure out why my -consoleLog options keeps getting deleted in the Run Configurations box as well

Thanks
Re: RCP question [message #513893 is a reply to message #513877] Thu, 11 February 2010 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, after I deleted the <myapp>.product file I did create a new one before I tried to make the standalone application

Thanks
Re: RCP question [message #513987 is a reply to message #513893] Thu, 11 February 2010 22:20 Go to previous message
Ok,

the reason for the org.apache.common.logging error was that I had the wrong version of plugin. I had 1.0.0 and it was looking for 1.0.4

However, now I get this new error when I try and export my application to a standalone.

Cannot satisfy dependency
MyFirstApp1.0.0.20100211503(MyFirstApp1.0.0.20100211503)
Only one of the following can be installed once:
Software being installed:MyFirstApp(1.0.0)MyFirstApp(1.0.0)
To: (MyFirstApp1.0.0.20100211503)

I do not know why the versions of MyFirstApp are different. I have been looking through all the config files and have not found anything

Thanks
Previous Topic:Jeff McAffers new RCP book - when?
Next Topic:Java Webstart problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:00:18 GMT 2024