Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How to provide schema for naked xml?(Getting schema-support without any schema references)
How to provide schema for naked xml? [message #513110] Mon, 08 February 2010 21:14
fa Mising name is currently offline fa Mising nameFriend
Hi all,

We're creating editors for XML files that are well-formed but cannot have any schema reference at the top. We'd like to provide the schema to the Eclipse XML editor for purposes of validation (and content assist?). Back before Eclipse 3.2 we forked wst plugins to do this, but we'd like to use current best practices. However, after some research I don't see exactly how.

These extension points don't seem to have hooks for providing the schema:
org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.editorConfiguration
org.eclipse.wst.validation.validatorV2

I see how to create content-types and how that's associated with a validator, but not how that helps. One approach is to use our own validator, and just delegate to our selected schema as needed. Is that right?

The (old) extension to resolve URI's probably needs a URI to resolve (in these documents, there are no schema declarations):

org.eclipse.wst.common.uriresolver.resolveExtensions

I assume the same problem affects the catalog:
org.eclipse.wst.xml.core. catalogContributions

I considered trying to do a document provider to mock/insert the schema reference, but the extensions I saw were internal.

I've been through the WTP site and eclipsecon presentations, etc.

Any hints are welcome, even just open-source examples of others that have done this (e.g., eclipse ant ui is not based on wtp).

Thanks in advance,
Wes
Previous Topic:Customize publishing to the server
Next Topic:Click on JSP error to view source
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:44:09 GMT 2024