Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ(Report exports in RCP Developer but not in app - emitter jars are different)
Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ [message #512364] Thu, 04 February 2010 19:00 Go to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

I have BIRT 2.5.0. I deisgned a report that runs in the web viewer and exports successfully to Excel from the designer. However, when I try to export that same report from my application it generates all sorts of errors with this as the only indicative one:

Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(Re nderTask.java:232)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderRe port(ReportEngineService.java:1461)
... 49 more
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Size: 3
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.DataCache.addDa ta(DataCache.java:71)

I then discovered that the emitter JAR files for the RCP designer have the same version number but different file sizes from those in the runtime package.

Is that relevant or should I be looking elsewhere?

Richard
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ [message #512368 is a reply to message #512364] Thu, 04 February 2010 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Follow-on: I overwrote the JAR files in the developer tree with the ones from the runtime package. The developer still exports successfully. Does anyone know what routines are calling the emitter libraries for Excel export?
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ [message #512372 is a reply to message #512368] Thu, 04 February 2010 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Richard,

Is this an RCP application? What BIRT runtime are you using?

Jason

Richard A. Polunsky wrote:
> Follow-on: I overwrote the JAR files in the developer tree with the ones
> from the runtime package. The developer still exports successfully.
> Does anyone know what routines are calling the emitter libraries for
> Excel export?
>
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works [message #512580 is a reply to message #512364] Fri, 05 February 2010 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

No, the app is Java code using Hibernate and a number of things.

I did subsequently rule out the JAR file differences (although I don't understand why they exist) - I substituted the JARs from the runtime package and the report still works correctly in the designer.

I got a workaround. The report has a grid at the top with image elements. If I mark the grid rows containing images as visibility = false for XLS, the report exports just fine. Notably, if I only mark the image elements as visibility = false, the export still fails.

I'm going to have to look up some resources and figure out how to put together a simple application framework so that I can replicate things like this using the Derby database since I can't send the application code from our company.
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works [message #512615 is a reply to message #512580] Fri, 05 February 2010 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Richard,

Can you open a bug for this?

Jason

> No, the app is Java code using Hibernate and a number of things.
>
> I did subsequently rule out the JAR file differences (although I don't
> understand why they exist) - I substituted the JARs from the runtime
> package and the report still works correctly in the designer.
>
> I got a workaround. The report has a grid at the top with image
> elements. If I mark the grid rows containing images as visibility =
> false for XLS, the report exports just fine. Notably, if I only mark
> the image elements as visibility = false, the export still fails.
>
> I'm going to have to look up some resources and figure out how to put
> together a simple application framework so that I can replicate things
> like this using the Derby database since I can't send the application
> code from our company.
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ [message #512626 is a reply to message #512364] Fri, 05 February 2010 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Bug 301983 has been added to the database
Re: Excel export in 2.5.0 app fails but developer works - JAR files differ [message #512649 is a reply to message #512626] Fri, 05 February 2010 18:25 Go to previous message

Thanks Richard

> Bug 301983 has been added to the database
Previous Topic:Remove 'Null Value' Text in Cascading ListBox Parameter
Next Topic:Leaving "blanks" in line graph for missing data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:51:35 GMT 2024