Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Build Path Incomplete(Cannot find an class-file from included jar-library)
icon5.gif  Build Path Incomplete [message #507684] Thu, 14 January 2010 11:34 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 8
Registered: January 2010
Junior Member
Hello,

this is propably a newbish question/problem:

I'm trying to compile the source of Relo.

I managed to reduce the number of errors in the checked out project from 100 to 2 by adding the required referenced librarys from the GEF.

The remaining errors are:

  1. The project was not build since its build path is incomplete. Cannot find the class file for org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin. Fix the build path then try building this project.
  2. The type org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin cannot be resolved. it is indirectly referenced from requred .class files.


I do not completely understand how I can complete the Build Path, as it already includes the org.eclipse.runtime_3.5.0.20090525.jar which contains the Plugin.class

But I'm a virgin wrt Eclipse and plug-in programming, so maybe I'm missing something basic or obvious here.

Thanks for any thoughts.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 January 2010 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Build Path Incomplete [message #508171 is a reply to message #507684] Sun, 17 January 2010 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vineet Sinha is currently offline Vineet Sinha
Messages: 4
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
The Relo codebase has had a new home for the last 2+ years. See
www.architexa.com - it is in private beta, but we are beginning to let
users in.

Vineet

eclipseuser@mailinator.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is propably a newbish question/problem:
>
> I'm trying to compile the source of
> http://relo.csail.mit.edu/developers.html
>
> I managed to reduce the number of errors in the checked out project from
> 100 to 2 by adding the required referenced librarys from the GEF.
>
> The remaining errors are:
>
> The project was not build since its build path is incomplete. Cannot
> find the class file for org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin. Fix the build
> path then try building this project.
> The type org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin cannot be resolved. it is
> indirectly referenced from requred .class files.
>
>
> I do not completely understand how I can complete the Build Path, as it
> already includes the org.eclipse.runtime_3.5.0.20090525.jar which
> contains the Plugin.class
>
> But I'm a virgin wrt Eclipse and plug-in programming, so maybe I'm
> missing something basic or obvious here.
>
> Thanks for any thoughts.
Re: Build Path Incomplete [message #508172 is a reply to message #507684] Sun, 17 January 2010 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vineet Sinha is currently offline Vineet Sinha
Messages: 31
Registered: July 2009
Member
The Relo codebase has had a ew home for the last 2+ years. See www.architexa.com - it is in prviate beta, but we are beginning to let users in.

Vineet
Re: Build Path Incomplete [message #508318 is a reply to message #508172] Mon, 18 January 2010 12:08 Go to previous message
No real name is currently offline No real name
Messages: 8
Registered: January 2010
Junior Member
Well thanks for the pointer, but that does not really help me in building the project. You're now working with a closed source I guess.

I'd like to build upon Relo's functionality for a Diploma Thesis of my own and it would be great not to reimplement all the class/method-extraction stuff.

Regards,
Chris

Update: Problem solved. Just in case anybody runs into the same problem:

I worked under the wrong assumption, that the repository contained one plug-in and therefore one project, which it does not. Check out the


  • edu.mit.csail.relo
  • edu.mit.csail.relo.console
  • edu.mit.csail.relo.intro
  • edu.mit.csail.relo.jdt
  • edu.mit.csail.relo.log4j
  • edu.mit.csail.relo.store
  • jiggle
  • org.apache.commons.collections


projects from the repository, correct the single exception error, and then run the edu.mit.csail.relo plugin.

Said I was a noob, didn't I Wink.

Regards,
Chris

[Updated on: Mon, 18 January 2010 12:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:plugin with POI
Next Topic:Build Path Incomplete
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Sep 16 03:09:30 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.09232 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software