Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Preference page inside CTabItem(How to display a preference page inside own composite)
Preference page inside CTabItem [message #507664] Thu, 14 January 2010 10:02 Go to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

How can I display a specific preference page inside a composite?

I have a list of IPreferenceNode from the the PreferenceManager (PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getPreferenceManager()) and I want to display the corresponding pages in my own composite. I can easily create the composite but I do not know how to display the content of the preference page inside it,
I am aware the there probably some layout issues to be solved (e.g. the content of the page is larger/smaller than my composite).

The final goal is to have the preference pages displayed each one in CTabItems (I have only 3 preference pages and I do not want to have all the default preference dialog displayed; instead I want to have the preferences displayed like Microsoft Word: each preference page should have its own tab).

If somebody has done this before or knows where I should look for more information please let me know.

Time is what you make of it.
Re: Preference page inside CTabItem [message #511220 is a reply to message #507664] Sun, 31 January 2010 12:57 Go to previous message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Problem solved. I did not set any layout / layout data on the composite of the CTabItem and thus the preference page was not displayed at all (making me think that I was doing something wrong).

For more information on how to get the contents of the preference pages see showPage(IPreferenceNode node) method from the PreferenceDialog class.

Time is what you make of it.
Previous Topic:Cannot trace plugin actication using Core Tools on 3.5
Next Topic:Triggering further build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:52:18 GMT 2024