Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Preference page inside CTabItem(How to display a preference page inside own composite)
Preference page inside CTabItem [message #507664] Thu, 14 January 2010 10:02 Go to next message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

How can I display a specific preference page inside a composite?

I have a list of IPreferenceNode from the the PreferenceManager (PlatformUI.getWorkbench().getPreferenceManager()) and I want to display the corresponding pages in my own composite. I can easily create the composite but I do not know how to display the content of the preference page inside it,
I am aware the there probably some layout issues to be solved (e.g. the content of the page is larger/smaller than my composite).

The final goal is to have the preference pages displayed each one in CTabItems (I have only 3 preference pages and I do not want to have all the default preference dialog displayed; instead I want to have the preferences displayed like Microsoft Word: each preference page should have its own tab).

If somebody has done this before or knows where I should look for more information please let me know.
Re: Preference page inside CTabItem [message #511220 is a reply to message #507664] Sun, 31 January 2010 12:57 Go to previous message
Catalin Gerea is currently offline Catalin GereaFriend

Problem solved. I did not set any layout / layout data on the composite of the CTabItem and thus the preference page was not displayed at all (making me think that I was doing something wrong).

For more information on how to get the contents of the preference pages see showPage(IPreferenceNode node) method from the PreferenceDialog class.
Previous Topic:Cannot trace plugin actication using Core Tools on 3.5
Next Topic:Triggering further build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 30 20:32:02 GMT 2016