Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Aggregator - mvn2 repo to p2 repo help
[buckminster-dev] Buckminster Aggregator - mvn2 repo to p2 repo help [message #507040] Mon, 11 January 2010 18:29 Go to next message
Chris Aniszczyk is currently offline Chris AniszczykFriend
Messages: 674
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
--001485f5af8c419db1047ce7b915
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

I'm trying to convert an existing maven2 repo to a p2 repo using the
aggregator (which is a cool little tool btw)

This is my current model:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<aggregator:Aggregator xmi:version="2.0" xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
xmlns:aggregator="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggregator">
<configurations/>
<configurations operatingSystem="macosx" windowSystem="cocoa"/>
<contributions description="JGit Latest" label="JGit">
<repositories location="
https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuil d/artifact/.repository/"
nature="maven2"/>
</contributions>
</aggregator:Aggregator>

For some reason, I can't contact the site... even if I try a local URL too
(i.e., /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/jgit)

Any thoughts? Is this an intended usage pattern?

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org

--001485f5af8c419db1047ce7b915
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I&#39;m trying to convert an existing maven2 repo to a p2 repo using the ag=
gregator (which is a cool little tool btw)<br><br>This is my current model:=
<br><br>&lt;?xml version=3D&quot;1.0&quot; encoding=3D&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt=
;<br>
&lt;aggregator:Aggregator xmi:version=3D&quot;2.0&quot; xmlns:xmi=3D&quot;<=
a href=3D"http://www.omg.org/XMI">http://www.omg.org/XMI</a>&quot; xmlns:ag=
gregator=3D&quot;<a href=3D"http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggrega=
tor">http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggregator</a>&quot;&gt;<br>
=C2=A0 &lt;configurations/&gt;<br>=C2=A0 &lt;configurations operatingSystem=
=3D&quot;macosx&quot; windowSystem=3D&quot;cocoa&quot;/&gt;<br>=C2=A0 &lt;c=
ontributions description=3D&quot;JGit Latest&quot; label=3D&quot;JGit&quot;=
&gt;<br>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 &lt;repositories location=3D&quot;<a href=3D"htt=
ps://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuild/a rtifact/.reposi=
tory/"> https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuil d/artifa=
ct/.repository/</a>&quot; nature=3D&quot;maven2&quot;/&gt;<br>
=C2=A0 &lt;/contributions&gt;<br>&lt;/aggregator:Aggregator&gt; <br><br>For =
some reason, I can&#39;t contact the site... even if I try a local URL too =
(i.e., /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/jgit)<br><br >Any th=
oughts? Is this an intended usage pattern?<br clear=3D"all">
<br>-- <br>Cheers,<br><br>Chris Aniszczyk<br><a href=3D"http://aniszczyk.or=
g">http://aniszczyk.org</a><br>

--001485f5af8c419db1047ce7b915--
Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Aggregator - mvn2 repo to p2 repo help [message #507080 is a reply to message #507040] Mon, 11 January 2010 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filip Hrbek is currently offline Filip HrbekFriend
Messages: 233
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Yes, this pattern is correct.

The repository cannot be loaded because of several reasons:

1) The hudson web page format

If the maven2 repository is not indexed by nexus (for which we have an optional non-eclipse extension), then we must parse whatever is delivered upon a http/https request. We were prepared for simple directory listings (such as the default Apache Web Server directory listing). However, the hudson format is more complicated. I can adopt the reader so that it would parse this format properly (although I'm not sure how to distinguish between a link to a file and to a folder right now, in the "standard" listing folders end with a slash which is not the hudson's case).

2) The maven-metadata.xml file is not found

We look for maven-metadata.xml files. These files are not available in your repository, but maven-metadata-local.xml files are. I can add a rule to recognize this file as well.

3) MD5 and SHA1 checksums are missing

We require checksums to be present and correct, otherwise the components are refused. Should we ignore the checksums? Should we add properties to choose if (and which) checksums are required/checked? What do you think?

Once we fix these three issues, you will see your components in the repository view. Then we can talk about the displayed content.


Cheers

Filip

Chris Aniszczyk napsal(a):
> I'm trying to convert an existing maven2 repo to a p2 repo using the
> aggregator (which is a cool little tool btw)
>
> This is my current model:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <aggregator:Aggregator xmi:version="2.0"
> xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
> xmlns:aggregator="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggregator">
> <configurations/>
> <configurations operatingSystem="macosx" windowSystem="cocoa"/>
> <contributions description="JGit Latest" label="JGit">
> <repositories
> location=" https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuil d/artifact/.repository/"
> nature="maven2"/>
> </contributions>
> </aggregator:Aggregator>
>
> For some reason, I can't contact the site... even if I try a local URL
> too (i.e., /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/jgit)
>
> Any thoughts? Is this an intended usage pattern?
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Aniszczyk
> http://aniszczyk.org
Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Aggregator - mvn2 repo to p2 repo help [message #507423 is a reply to message #507080] Wed, 13 January 2010 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Filip Hrbek is currently offline Filip HrbekFriend
Messages: 233
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Chris,

the three issues are fixed:

1) Hudson web page format:
- only links containing sigle path segments are considered (to avoid skipping folder layers)
- if a link does not end with a slash (which normally denotes a folder), it is tested whether a http redirect is required to a folder with a slash at the end - if so, then it is a folder

2) Maven metadata file:
The maven-metadata-local.xml is recognized in addition to maven-metadata.xml

3) Missing or bad checksums are considered as warnings instead of errors

Now I am able to load your repository.

The fixes are available on our update sites (both for 3.5 and 3.6).

Please, try it out and tell me what you would like to change/add/improve.

Thanks,

Filip


Filip Hrbek napsal(a):
> Yes, this pattern is correct.
>
> The repository cannot be loaded because of several reasons:
>
> 1) The hudson web page format
>
> If the maven2 repository is not indexed by nexus (for which we have an
> optional non-eclipse extension), then we must parse whatever is
> delivered upon a http/https request. We were prepared for simple
> directory listings (such as the default Apache Web Server directory
> listing). However, the hudson format is more complicated. I can adopt
> the reader so that it would parse this format properly (although I'm not
> sure how to distinguish between a link to a file and to a folder right
> now, in the "standard" listing folders end with a slash which is not the
> hudson's case).
>
> 2) The maven-metadata.xml file is not found
>
> We look for maven-metadata.xml files. These files are not available in
> your repository, but maven-metadata-local.xml files are. I can add a
> rule to recognize this file as well.
>
> 3) MD5 and SHA1 checksums are missing
>
> We require checksums to be present and correct, otherwise the components
> are refused. Should we ignore the checksums? Should we add properties to
> choose if (and which) checksums are required/checked? What do you think?
>
> Once we fix these three issues, you will see your components in the
> repository view. Then we can talk about the displayed content.
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Filip
>
> Chris Aniszczyk napsal(a):
>> I'm trying to convert an existing maven2 repo to a p2 repo using the
>> aggregator (which is a cool little tool btw)
>>
>> This is my current model:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <aggregator:Aggregator xmi:version="2.0"
>> xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
>> xmlns:aggregator="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggregator">
>> <configurations/>
>> <configurations operatingSystem="macosx" windowSystem="cocoa"/>
>> <contributions description="JGit Latest" label="JGit">
>> <repositories
>> location=" https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuil d/artifact/.repository/"
>> nature="maven2"/>
>> </contributions>
>> </aggregator:Aggregator>
>>
>> For some reason, I can't contact the site... even if I try a local URL
>> too (i.e., /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/jgit)
>>
>> Any thoughts? Is this an intended usage pattern?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Chris Aniszczyk
>> http://aniszczyk.org
Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Aggregator - mvn2 repo to p2 repo help [message #508013 is a reply to message #507423] Fri, 15 January 2010 14:24 Go to previous message
Filip Hrbek is currently offline Filip HrbekFriend
Messages: 233
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Chris,

did you have time to think about it?

Filip

Filip Hrbek napsal(a):
> Hi Chris,
>
> the three issues are fixed:
>
> 1) Hudson web page format:
> - only links containing sigle path segments are considered (to avoid
> skipping folder layers)
> - if a link does not end with a slash (which normally denotes a folder),
> it is tested whether a http redirect is required to a folder with a
> slash at the end - if so, then it is a folder
>
> 2) Maven metadata file:
> The maven-metadata-local.xml is recognized in addition to
> maven-metadata.xml
>
> 3) Missing or bad checksums are considered as warnings instead of errors
>
> Now I am able to load your repository.
>
> The fixes are available on our update sites (both for 3.5 and 3.6).
>
> Please, try it out and tell me what you would like to change/add/improve.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Filip
>
>
> Filip Hrbek napsal(a):
>> Yes, this pattern is correct.
>>
>> The repository cannot be loaded because of several reasons:
>>
>> 1) The hudson web page format
>>
>> If the maven2 repository is not indexed by nexus (for which we have an
>> optional non-eclipse extension), then we must parse whatever is
>> delivered upon a http/https request. We were prepared for simple
>> directory listings (such as the default Apache Web Server directory
>> listing). However, the hudson format is more complicated. I can adopt
>> the reader so that it would parse this format properly (although I'm
>> not sure how to distinguish between a link to a file and to a folder
>> right now, in the "standard" listing folders end with a slash which is
>> not the hudson's case).
>>
>> 2) The maven-metadata.xml file is not found
>>
>> We look for maven-metadata.xml files. These files are not available in
>> your repository, but maven-metadata-local.xml files are. I can add a
>> rule to recognize this file as well.
>>
>> 3) MD5 and SHA1 checksums are missing
>>
>> We require checksums to be present and correct, otherwise the
>> components are refused. Should we ignore the checksums? Should we add
>> properties to choose if (and which) checksums are required/checked?
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Once we fix these three issues, you will see your components in the
>> repository view. Then we can talk about the displayed content.
>>
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Filip
>>
>> Chris Aniszczyk napsal(a):
>>> I'm trying to convert an existing maven2 repo to a p2 repo using the
>>> aggregator (which is a cool little tool btw)
>>>
>>> This is my current model:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <aggregator:Aggregator xmi:version="2.0"
>>> xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI"
>>> xmlns:aggregator="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/2009/aggregator">
>>> <configurations/>
>>> <configurations operatingSystem="macosx" windowSystem="cocoa"/>
>>> <contributions description="JGit Latest" label="JGit">
>>> <repositories
>>> location=" https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/jgit/lastSuccessfulBuil d/artifact/.repository/"
>>> nature="maven2"/>
>>> </contributions>
>>> </aggregator:Aggregator>
>>>
>>> For some reason, I can't contact the site... even if I try a local
>>> URL too (i.e., /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/jgit)
>>>
>>> Any thoughts? Is this an intended usage pattern?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Chris Aniszczyk
>>> http://aniszczyk.org
Previous Topic:iX CeBIT Forum 2010 Talk
Next Topic:[buckminster-dev] junit tests in headless buckminster
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Nov 29 00:41:37 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01690 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software