Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » No application id has been found(Get this error when I add DLTK packages as dependencies)
No application id has been found [message #507019] Mon, 11 January 2010 12:00 Go to next message
Milton  is currently offline Milton
Messages: 10
Registered: October 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I have an RCP application that runs perfectly but crashes when I add the following dependencies to it in the manifest file:

 org.eclipse.dltk.core;bundle-version="1.0.0",
 org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core;bundle-version="1.0.0"


If I add that I get to see the splash screen of the application and then I get a launch error with this exception in the log:

java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)


Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,
Milton.
Re: No application id has been found [message #508195 is a reply to message #507019] Sun, 17 January 2010 09:29 Go to previous message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim Jongman
Messages: 418
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Milton,

You did not include either one of these two plugins or one of their
dependencies.

Best regards,

Wim


> Hello,
>
> I have an RCP application that runs perfectly but crashes when I add the
following dependencies to it in the manifest file:
>
> org.eclipse.dltk.core;bundle-version="1.0.0",
> org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core;bundle-version="1.0.0"
>
> If I add that I get to see the splash screen of the application and then I
get a launch error with this exception in the log:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
> at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDe faultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
> at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run (MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
> at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
> at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
> at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:368)
> at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 559)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1287)
>
> Any help is appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
> Milton.
Previous Topic:Update mechanism & feature versions
Next Topic:close perspective on switch
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 17 11:40:41 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04914 seconds