Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Missing files (eclipse, libcairo-swt.so) in product built on windows(Headless build for multiple configs (win, linux, ...))
Missing files (eclipse, libcairo-swt.so) in product built on windows [message #506672] Fri, 08 January 2010 16:00
Yves Monier is currently offline Yves MonierFriend
Hello,

I try to use the PDE build to create an application based on my plug-in. I followed this helpful tutorial: http://www.vogella.de/articles/EclipsePDEBuild/article.html for that purpose.
The Eclipse deltapack is correctly installed.

A couple of things work fine now:
- From within Eclipse, command File/Export/Eclipse Product, for configs win32, win32, x86 & linux, gtk, x86 produces the expected working products, including the launchers, eclipse.exe for windows and eclipse for linux
- After having created the buildProduct.xml and build.properties as described in the above tutorial, running it (as an external tool + in the same JRE as the workspace) produces a correct product for the win32, win32, x86 config

But:
The product built for the linux, gtk, x86 config is nearly correct, but the eclipse launcher (and libcairo-swt.so) is missing.
Note this doesn't seem specific to linux: I get the same result if I generate the product for Mac, the product is ok except the launcher, missing. Seems like every config but the windows one is affected (I work on windows).
From the ant build traces, the zip task actually zips everything present in the directory. It's just that the linux (or Mac) launcher is not in the directory...
What causes these files to be copied (or not) from the deltapack?

Everything seems ok in my deltapack, and the ant build always ends with the "build successul" status.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion!

Yves Monier
Previous Topic:Troubles with PDE build and target platform
Next Topic:Missing files (eclipse, libcairo-swt.so) in product built on windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:32:27 GMT 2024