Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Linux Tools Project » Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin
Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin [message #506141] Wed, 06 January 2010 10:42 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.thomas.obeo.fr

Hi guys !

I have some problems to install the LTTv library for Eclipse. I am
following the instructions in the help contents page. I have downloaded
the last lttv source master from the git repository
(http://lttng.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=lttv.git;a=summary -> Mon, 4 Jan
2010 18:53:58).

When I make, I get this error :

jni_interface.c: In function
'Java_org_eclipse_linuxtools_lttng_jni_JniTracefile_ltt_1pri ntTracefile':
jni_interface.c:504: erreur: structure n'a pas de membre nommé « buf_size »

Which version of the repository I must compile to get the lttv in Eclipse ?


Thanks a lot.

Fred
Re: Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin [message #506227 is a reply to message #506141] Wed, 06 January 2010 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francois Chouinard is currently offline Francois ChouinardFriend
Messages: 28
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Frederic,

Congratulations, you are on the bleeding edge of the project...

The venerable LTTng trace format was recently changed in preparation for a number of upcoming features (e.g. streaming).

Unfortunately, the LTTv git (out of our direct control Smile has not yet been updated to include the patches required by the "new and improved" JNI integration.

To make a long story short, you will have to use the Beta JNI build (available at: http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary). For more details, refer to the Help page.

Note that this library works only with the latest LTTng patches as we don't yet support heterogeneous trace formats (we bleed enough as it is with just the latest format Smile

If you need a sample trace (new format), just let us know.

Hope this helps,

Francois

Re: Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin [message #506262 is a reply to message #506227] Wed, 06 January 2010 17:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.thomas.obeo.fr

Hi Francois,

I succeed in installing the liblttngtrace.
I have now a second problem. When I click on the experiment folder I
have this exception in eclipse :
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: Unsupported trace version : 2.3
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: parse_trace_header error
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: Trace
Test_trace/Traces/trace-618339events-1293lost-1cpu has no metadata tracefile
org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTraceException: Error while
opening trace. Is the tracepath correct? (openTrace)
at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTrace.<init>(LTTngTrace.java:116)
at org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTrace.<init>(LTTngTrace.java:97)

Do you have a trace example that it's working with the liblttngtrace and
the last eclipse repository ?

Best regards.

Frédéric

Francois Chouinard a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> Congratulations, you are on the bleeding edge of the project...
>
> The venerable LTTng trace format was recently changed in preparation for
> a number of upcoming features (e.g. streaming).
>
> Unfortunately, the LTTv git (out of our direct control :) has not yet
> been updated to include the patches required by the "new and improved"
> JNI integration.
>
> To make a long story short, you will have to use the Beta JNI build
> (available at:
> http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary). For more
> details, refer to the Help page.
>
> Note that this library works only with the latest LTTng patches as we
> don't yet support heterogeneous trace formats (we bleed enough as it is
> with just the latest format :)
>
> If you need a sample trace (new format), just let us know.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Francois
>
>
Re: Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin [message #568085 is a reply to message #506141] Wed, 06 January 2010 15:45 Go to previous message
Francois Chouinard is currently offline Francois ChouinardFriend
Messages: 28
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi Frederic,

Congratulations, you are on the bleeding edge of the project...

The venerable LTTng trace format was recently changed in preparation for a number of upcoming features (e.g. streaming).

Unfortunately, the LTTv git (out of our direct control :) has not yet been updated to include the patches required by the "new and improved" JNI integration.

To make a long story short, you will have to use the Beta JNI build (available at: http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary). For more details, refer to the Help page.

Note that this library works only with the latest LTTng patches as we don't yet support heterogeneous trace formats (we bleed enough as it is with just the latest format :)

If you need a sample trace (new format), just let us know.

Hope this helps,

Francois
Re: Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin [message #568116 is a reply to message #568085] Wed, 06 January 2010 17:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: frederic.thomas.obeo.fr

Hi Francois,

I succeed in installing the liblttngtrace.
I have now a second problem. When I click on the experiment folder I
have this exception in eclipse :
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: Unsupported trace version : 2.3
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: parse_trace_header error
** (Eclipse:4154): WARNING **: Trace
Test_trace/Traces/trace-618339events-1293lost-1cpu has no metadata tracefile
org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTraceException: Error while
opening trace. Is the tracepath correct? (openTrace)
at
org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTrace.<init>(LTTngTrace.java:116)
at org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.trace.LTTngTrace.<init>(LTTngTrace.java:97)

Do you have a trace example that it's working with the liblttngtrace and
the last eclipse repository ?

Best regards.

Frédéric

Francois Chouinard a écrit :
> Hi Frederic,
>
> Congratulations, you are on the bleeding edge of the project...
>
> The venerable LTTng trace format was recently changed in preparation for
> a number of upcoming features (e.g. streaming).
>
> Unfortunately, the LTTv git (out of our direct control :) has not yet
> been updated to include the patches required by the "new and improved"
> JNI integration.
>
> To make a long story short, you will have to use the Beta JNI build
> (available at:
> http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary). For more
> details, refer to the Help page.
>
> Note that this library works only with the latest LTTng patches as we
> don't yet support heterogeneous trace formats (we bleed enough as it is
> with just the latest format :)
>
> If you need a sample trace (new format), just let us know.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Francois
>
>
Previous Topic:Installing LTTv library for Eclipse LTTng plugin
Next Topic:using libhover for 3rd party documentation
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Dec 22 03:32:54 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.15534 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software