Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Newbie, Eclipse Plugin For ActionScript Developers(Need help to develop Inline Preprocessor Plugin Works With Flex)
Newbie, Eclipse Plugin For ActionScript Developers [message #505885] Tue, 05 January 2010 13:40
ali nakipoglu is currently offline ali nakipogluFriend
I have a an idea of developing a preprocessor that allows ActionScript developers to optimize their code by in lining functions and variables. This plugin will work with Adobe Flex Plugin and modifies source code sent to compiler. I think, to make this happen i need to solve following problems :

If i used Meta Tags to mark which functions and variables will inline, i need to find a way to bypass this meta tags in Eclipse (or Flex) code checking routines. Because Flex will ignores this tags and bubbles errors. Maybe there is a way of introducing this meta tags into Eclipse IDE. I found [Meta Tag] is supported by Flex and its allows to use customs as well.

A way to process this tags and move to desired source code location these inlining functions and variables without developing a whole compiler or source code exploring library. Maybe by utilizing existing Exlipse (or Flex) source code exploring futures.

A way to modify source code sent to compiler.

Im not a java or PDE developer, im experienced actionscript developer who dont want to wait ten years for simple things done by Adobe.

With this community help i believe i can develop this.

Any level of help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ali.
Previous Topic:Invalid preference page path: HTML Syntax
Next Topic:Newbie, Eclipse Plugin For ActionScript Developers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:21:29 GMT 2024