Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » modifiedservice not invoked upon "update <bundle>"(Testing equinox OSGi dynamic service update. )
modifiedservice not invoked upon "update <bundle>" [message #505826] Tue, 05 January 2010 04:50
gsarno  is currently offline gsarno
Hello,
relatively new to OSGi and I am testing equinox dynamic service update, hoping that the service invokation is not affected and service is updated with no loss.
I implemented 3 simple Service (ServiceA, ServiceB, and ServiceC). I have 4 bundles:

IService bundle providin service interface definition.
ServiceA implementing service IService
ServiceB implementing service IService
ServiceC consuming ServiceA and ServiceB.

ServiceC implements the ServiceTrackerCustomizer and a ServiceTracker (for IService) is defined in the ServiceC Bundle Activator class.

Upon startin bundle ServiceA and Service B the callback addingservice is correctly invoked but I noticed that if I modified ServiceB implementation and then performed a osgi> update <bundle ServiceB> only the methods removeService and addingService are invoked (in sequence) but not modified service. I perform service clean up in RemoveService and so this is not desirable as the operations will be affected. Is there any reason why modifiedservice is not invoked ? Should I use a different pattern to implement service update without affecting operations ?

Best Regards.
Previous Topic:Changes about eclipse preference can't be saved
Next Topic:I am newer to equinox,I want to find the implementation of installBundle() in Equinox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 01 14:40:38 EDT 2014