Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Showing child figures out side the parent figure
Showing child figures out side the parent figure [message #505662] Mon, 04 January 2010 10:02 Go to next message
Saminda Wijeratne is currently offline Saminda WijeratneFriend
Hi,

I want to show my model and its children models as a tree of rectangular figures. By default the child figure of a child model contains inside the parent figure (parent rectangular figure) of the parent model. Is there a way to show the child figure outside the parent figure? Basically I think what I want is to for both parent and child figures to exist as siblings in the same root figure.

Thanks in advance,
Saminda
Re: Showing child figures out side the parent figure [message #506334 is a reply to message #505662] Wed, 06 January 2010 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vijay RajFriend
Your question itself has the answer,

Make all the models as the children of root,

and connect them as you want to view them

i.e like a tree,

---------------------
why, mr. Anderson, why, why do you persist?
Because I Choose To.
Regards,
Vijay
Re: Showing child figures out side the parent figure [message #506397 is a reply to message #506334] Thu, 07 January 2010 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saminda Wijeratne is currently offline Saminda WijeratneFriend
I was afraid of that answer Sad. That is what I did as a short term solution. But I was hoping there would be a solution like setting the parent figure to the required root figure (which I tried but didn't work). Anyway thanx Vijay for the clarification Smile.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 January 2010 11:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Showing child figures out side the parent figure [message #509463 is a reply to message #505662] Fri, 22 January 2010 14:17 Go to previous message
wallross is currently offline wallrossFriend
Hi,

I had a similar problem and solved it by surrounding each node of the tree with a surrounding figure that contains the whole subtree rooted at this node.

Doing this way, I have a root figure that contains the whole tree. This root figure contains the root node of the tree and subfigures for all subtrees of the root.

I hope this helps,
Friederike
Previous Topic:Issue in CompoundDIrectedGraphLayout
Next Topic:Feature list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:26:05 GMT 2024